Advice re' fitting new ECU 2006 Fabia vRS

For reasons I won't go into I'm thinking of trying new ECU in my car. I suspect ECUs are somehow "keyed"

to the car, could someone confirm if this is the case and what the procedure is to "rekey" for new ECU. I have

access to full copy of VCDS if that helps. Also any suggestions for a source for a new unit would be great.

Ta

Angus Millar

This can be a very easy thing - in theory!

If you have the ECU and the original dashpod from a near identical car then swapping the pair over will make everything work - in theory!

You will need to match your existing keys against the new dashpod as well, but that (in theory) is all there is to it.

Can you get the dashpod as well?

Hi BTCCSEAT

Thanks for fast response. I don't have an ECU yet, just checking out whether I can replace and

what procedure is. I'd like to retain all funcionality.

And before I shoot off on the wrong track better make sure I'm using correct terminology here.

I suspect my car has been remapped and basically want to return to standard. I imagine one way

of doing this would be to fit a standard ECU, assuming this is the unit that holds map ?

Angus