Fabia smic part number? What other smic fit the fabia

Chris182

What's the part number?

Might be getting a smic off someone on here but not for a week or two, if I can get a used one on eBay v cheap i might as my fuel comsumptions really bad at the moment

I'm looking at mk4 golf tdi and gti smic, does the octavia smic fit the fabia? They all look similar

You can technically fit any intercooler providing you match the pipework up...

You need to be wary that the MAP sensor is on one of the end tanks of your current cooler and needs to go on the 'cold' side of the system. There are also two sizes to the sensor, the 1.8T engines (golf GTI etc) had the larger diameter sensor, so yours wouldn't fit and you cant use the 1.8T's sensor as the're not compatable with the VRS as the're rated to a different pressure.

If you want a straight swap I dont know what would be possible as the Fabia (and possibly other skoda's, I don't know) has the stupid 'plug-in' type pipes whereas most others don't.

hmm it would have to be super cheap, got offered one from a guy on here I think for free but not till the 14th and my cars using lots of fuel n smoking a lot

I can prob hold off till the 14th but prefer one now