Octy 2 here I come!

Travelling to Palmers Skoda , Watford tomorrow to put a deposit on a new white vrs estate anyone had any experience of them,the deal is good so its worth the distance

Yes, bought mine in July from Palmers.

Great service from Jay in the sales team. There was a misbuild issue with one of the seat squabs being cloth (full leather ordered) and Jay sorted it all out very quickly.

I was kept in the loop throughout the process, and would highly recommend them.

Order to collection was nine and a half weeks.

Good luck!

Yes, bought mine in July from Palmers.

Great service from Jay in the sales team. There was a misbuild issue with one of the seat squabs being cloth (full leather ordered) and Jay sorted it all out very quickly.

I was kept in the loop throughout the process, and would highly recommend them.

Order to collection was nine and a half weeks.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply ,got a road trip to put down the deposit today.

Thanks for your reply ,got a road trip to put down the deposit today.

How much do you have to put down in deposit? No deposit when I ordered my car. I don´t pay anything until the car has arrived and I confirm that everything is in order.

I ordered my nice new Octy VRS in (common) blue my fav colour but delivery isnt until mid March 2011 ................................... LONG wait but should be worth it BRILLIANT price. I had to pay a deposit too £300 just for the ordering settle balance on collection.

Think a token deposit is de rigueuer knowadays.

Suprised Eardley's couldnt cut you a deal as they did me.

What imepeccable taste you have Sir! :thumbup::D

Allways found Eardleys hit and miss to be honest and once its arrived it is never going there for any servicing or warranty work.Had the cambelt etc done on the current one at Lakeside VW as it was a better price cos they would price match with PSI tunning

Allways found Eardleys hit and miss to be honest and once its arrived it is never going there for any servicing or warranty work.Had the cambelt etc done on the current one at Lakeside VW as it was a better price cos they would price match with PSI tunning

Not experienced there Servicing Dept yet but it surely cant be as bad as Lakeside!

Had 3 VW's from there in the last 8 years and while weve enjoyed the motor's the servicing has been average to accident inducing third rate.

Mathew in Service dept is a top bloke who did all he could to put matters right but after a third blunder by them(causing Temporary closure of the M11) it was time to leave the brand!

Still got the letter from Director of Lakeside apologising and offering free services,valeting etc but never went back.

Hope Eardley's can do better!

Good luck on the new motor Im sure you will be well impressed! :thumbup:

Not experienced there Servicing Dept yet but it surely cant be as bad as Lakeside!

Had 3 VW's from there in the last 8 years and while weve enjoyed the motor's the servicing has been average to accident inducing third rate.

Mathew in Service dept is a top bloke who did all he could to put matters right but after a third blunder by them(causing Temporary closure of the M11) it was time to leave the brand!

Still got the letter from Director of Lakeside apologising and offering free services,valeting etc but never went back.

Hope Eardley's can do better!

Good luck on the new motor Im sure you will be well impressed! :thumbup:

Is it you who I've spotted going around Hanford round a bout,causing the initial oooh I like that.

They wanted a deposit of £500 but I screwed the hell out of them on the price so it was ok in my eyes,now the wait till March/April

Palmers also wanted a £500 deposit from me. Fair enough when ordering a £20,000 car!

What extras did you go for & how much did you bargain them down to? I got to within £400 of the DtD price with Jay.

Is it you who I've spotted going around Hanford round a bout,causing the initial oooh I like that.

Expect so! :D

Got Birsky stickers on front and Back and done 15k in 5 months but still havent been spotted by a fellow Brisky member yet:rofl: !

Be good to see another about soon!:thumbup:

Palmers also wanted a £500 deposit from me. Fair enough when ordering a £20,000 car!

What extras did you go for & how much did you bargain them down to? I got to within £400 of the DtD price with Jay.

Ordered a petrol vrs estate in candy white,with a sunroof,maxidot,spare wheel,silver roof bars(concerned the black would fade),xenons,boot tray and sill protectors for £18100,plus they agreed a value for the current vrs in part exchange if I haven't sold it.The local dealer didn't want any part exchange don't know why?

STA41788.jpg

The local dealer didn't want any part exchange don't know why?

I don't know either, your Mk I looks immaculate. Would have thought it would fly off any dealers forecourt.

Is that a Vauxhall Chevette hidden in your garage?

I don't know either, your Mk I looks immaculate. Would have thought it would fly off any dealers forecourt.

Is that a Vauxhall Chevette hidden in your garage?

Well spotted, aren't many people around now who know what they are,the usual comment when looking for parts for the Chevette is whats that?!!!!