Boost

Hi, my car is finally fixed. The only problems I have is a lambda sensor (02 bank 1) and maybe CV boots.

How would I go about checking the boost level?

I dont have vag-com but my dad has a variety of scanners at work including LAUNCH.

Hi, my car is finally fixed. The only problems I have is a lambda sensor (02 bank 1) and maybe CV boots.

How would I go about checking the boost level?

I dont have vag-com but my dad has a variety of scanners at work including LAUNCH.

You considered fitting a boost gauge? Obvious I know but still..

The reason I ask is because when the replacement turbo was fitted, I'm not sure if the person who done it set the boost level correctly or if he even set it at all. The car does boost quite well but obviously you cant just go on feeling so I wanted to know if the level was right.

Is there anyone here local to Birmingham (stechford) who can check it for me with there vagcom machine?

Guest westallc

they will not change any boost levels

its a straight swap item the actuator is set from factory and should not be touched

It was a refurbished unit (I think he just refurbed/fixed mine, coulda been another one though) but from what you said if he knows what he's doing the turbo person should have done it correctly.

Anyway, still would like to know the boost level lol. Cant find much on ebay what about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-OCTAVIA-FABIA-RS-SMOKED-TURBO-BOOST-GAUGE-/370284525501?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5636ad77bd#ht_527wt_906