Rear tyres cracking

Gumby

My 06 1.2 Fabia had it's MOT on wednesday and passed, except I got an advisory for the rear tyres which are starting to crack : :wonder: (Obviously previous owner only got the front ones replaced and didn't bother with the rears)

Anyways, how much can I expect to fork out for 2 185/60/R15's + fitting costs? What are the best (and safe) cheap brands?

Cheers

What tyres have you got on your front wheels?

Are you sure the tyres are 15", because our other Fabia has 185/60 14. I think 15" wheels have 195/50 tyres on.

Don't buy very cheap budget tyres on it. I'd recommend Vredestein tyres, (Hi-Tracs or their All-season ones), as that is what we have got. When AutoExpress tested that size, Hi-Tracs came out top. Both were about 40 pounds each when we bought them a few years ago.

Edited by Jim H

My 06 1.2 Fabia had it's MOT on wednesday and passed, except I got an advisory for the rear tyres which are starting to crack : :wonder: (Obviously previous owner only got the front ones replaced and didn't bother with the rears)

Anyways, how much can I expect to fork out for 2 185/60/R15's + fitting costs? What are the best (and safe) cheap brands?

Cheers

allow around £40 -50 for a good half decent tyre..... I have kumho ecsta`s on mine and the seem to be pretty good...

your choice of tyre size does not seem correct, for a 15 inch wheel , ( well mine anyway) I think you need a 195/50/r15

hope this helps

[edit]

doh... you beat me too it Jim lol

Edited by mudyf0x

allow around £40 -50 for a good half decent tyre..... I have kumho ecsta`s on mine and the seem to be pretty good...

your choice of tyre size does not seem correct, for a 15 inch wheel , ( well mine anyway) I think you need a 195/50/r15

hope this helps

[edit]

doh... you beat me too it Jim lol

Lolz yeah R14's :giggle:

Have a look on BlackCircles.com

You can get Kumho KH17s fitted for about £42 each.

MyTyres are selling HiTracs at £35 inc P&P http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=22392039.110.25081&typ=D36758&ranzahl=4&Breite=185&Quer=60&Felge=14&Speed=H&weiter=50&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=50&sort_by=brand&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So and the Kumhos for the same price. Of course you have to add £10 ish for valves, fitting, etc. If you ring around you may get them cheaper from tyre garages.

Edited by Jim H