drop in revs

90506chris

Hi wonder if anyone can help or has had this problem? i have a skoda fabia vrs and when i go through the gears the car is working great but in sixth gear when i go to accelerate the rev counter jumps from 2000 rpm to three thousand and shoots back to 2000 rpm and then its fine.to accelereate. its a slight loss in power compared to the other gears. apart from that the car is running fine

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any ideas on how much a new clutch would be?

From memory TPS want about £120 trade for the standard 1.9TDi (i.e. for mine ;)) OEM clutch, so a bit north of that..?

Edited by martinch

Clutch slips in 5th & 6th (mainly when bootin low revs )only because the gearbox ratios change as you go up gears every gear you go up makes it harder for the car to turn the wheels in simple sence . . if you want clutch to last dont boot at low revs in these gears , i guess your cars re mapped ?? in that case advise racing clutch costin more round the 1k mark . . but in most cases with a slippin clutch it can last for a good length of time, you could run it till it finally goes then get a new 1 . . .only advised if u got breakdown cover ha hope this helps