Skoda Servicing Deal

When picking up my new car last week, the finance geezer at the dealership couldn't resist trying to [mis]sell me a Skoda servicing deal. He worked it out that at an approximate mileage of 12k a year, it would cost me £18.80 per month for 3 years servicing. Basically £670 for 3 years servicing, plus air con cleaning and brake fluid replacement at year 2.

He assured me this was outstanding value for money and that I wouldn't get servicing cheaper at any other Skoda dealership. He would, wouldn't he? But it sounds like b0!!0cks to me - especially when I read here that Audi offer a five-year, 50,000-mile service plan, which costs a mere £250.

I wonder what you guys think of this and whether any of you have negotiated Skoda down on this plan price?

Regards

Matt

Edited by Matty Le Swan

When picking up my new car last week, the finance geezer at the dealership couldn't resist trying to [mis]sell me a Skoda servicing deal. He worked it out that at an approximate mileage of 12k a year, it would cost me £18.80 per month for 3 years servicing. Basically £670 for 3 years servicing, plus air con cleaning and brake fluid replacement at year 2.

He assured me this was outstanding value for money and that I wouldn't get servicing cheaper at any other Skoda dealership. He would, wouldn't he? But it sounds like b0!!0cks to me - especially when I read here that Audi offer a five-year, 50,000-mile service plan, which costs a mere £250.

I wonder what you guys think of this and whether any of you have negotiated Skoda down on this plan price?

Regards

Matt

Sounds very expensive to me. I bought Skoda's 2 year service plan for my Octavia vRS at a cost of £299 a few months ago which covers 2 years or 20k miles, whichever comes sooner. As the 40k mile service is a major one, I thought it was good value for money (it's got 35k on it at the moment, I bought it at the 30k service)

I'd tell him where to stick it if it were me, especially considering that an average service would only cost in the region of £150, £200 tops. 3 years at £200 a go still only works out at £600 - £70 less than this 'super' deal he's offering you! Even if an air-con service was paid for separately, this only costs £69 at top whack and this is normally on offer for about £35 anyway.

In short, not a good deal whichever way you dress it up.

It does sound a little expensive to me. I paid £76 for my first service (10k) and £200 for my second (20k) service. My 30k service won't cost me £394 which would take me to that £670 mark! I expect to pay around £180 for my next one. Total for three years and 30k will be less than £500. All of my servicing was conducted by a main Skoda dealer.

That doesn't sound expensive - it is expensive.

Like others I have just taken out the 2 year £299 deal on both the Fabia and the Octavia. However its only for fixed servicing vehicles. But it gives you a 10K service, a 20K service, dust and pollen filter, plus 1 brake fluid service and spark plug, air filter and fuel filter change (if required). What swung it for me was thay you get £100 back in vouchers from Skoda which you can spend on anything you like (as long as it has a Skoda part number) up until December 2011.

That doesn't sound expensive - it is expensive.

Like others I have just taken out the 2 year £299 deal on both the Fabia and the Octavia. However its only for fixed servicing vehicles. But it gives you a 10K service, a 20K service, dust and pollen filter, plus 1 brake fluid service and spark plug, air filter and fuel filter change (if required). What swung it for me was thay you get £100 back in vouchers from Skoda which you can spend on anything you like (as long as it has a Skoda part number) up until December 2011.

I've taken this out too and am looking to use the vouchers against any replacement parts which may be needed during any of the services.