Black inner head lights

Don't suppose anyone has any pictures of the black insert standard head lights fitted to a "Black Magic" Fabia?

I've noticed today mine are actually filthy on the inside as well as the outside! So I was looking at a brand new pair of head lights. I can't decide whether the black insert ones would be toooooo black with a "Black Magic" car :doh:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-FABIA-2000-2005-HEADLAMP-BLACK-R-H-NEW-/160428781262?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255a4ceece

Edited by mark.r.cullen

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/179851-black-headlamps-black-car-i-think-i-like-them/

black headlights on black magic Octy2, might give you a bit of an idea ;)

Nice car :-) They suit your Octy very well indeed. I think I will go for the black ones then.

Thanks very much!!

Although before I do.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-Fabia-99-03-PAIR-BLACK-Headlights-HEADLAMP-VRS-/220685851217?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3361e6da51 he states 99-03 and it reads as if they won't fit a vRS. I'm thinking they're the same though? They certainly look the same as the head lights on our 2000 Elegance.

Edited by mark.r.cullen

I have these fitted to my VRS - mine is a mega early one and didnt come with the black inners - so last year when i ****ted a dear i decided to buy a set of them exact lights from 4ringspares on ebay for £100 delivered

this is how they look:-

04032010046.jpg

04032010042.jpg

04032010043.jpg

Honestly they look fine - but the quality is shocking - all 4 of my upper mounts broke in 2 minutes - they are flimsy and crap!

Well, I have them ordered now. Not good to hear they mounts are flimsy and crap though :( Hope these ones aren't exactly the same... I'll send them back for a refund if the mounts snap.

I will post pictures once fitted. I'll have to wait until a reasonably nice day though (I have no where inside shelter to park the car!)... not sure how likely that is with the predicted weather!

But yeah. Mine is an 05 and chrome, not black. I did read somewhere that all the EU Fabia's had them though, so it's slightly shocking the build quality was crap!

• 2 weeks later...

I attempted to fit these on Saturday. Getting the old lights out was a doddle... I put all the bulbs in to the new head lights. They're DEPO clones for anyone who's interested. The H7 clamp on them is absolutely is terrible, but other than that they seemed good enough quality.

There were two 'blanks' where the headlight adjustment motor should go. The "instructions" said to twist and pull them out, just like getting the motor out. However, one of the blanks would not twist at all. It was completely seized in! The other twisted and seemed to unlock, but I couldn't for the life of me pull the thing out of the ball joint (motor pulled out easy). Got someone else to try both, and they had the same problem so it's not just me!!

E-mailed the guy and he's claiming they're not 'blanks' but manual adjusters, and I had bought the wrong head lights? Which I found very strange, as the power connector for the motor was there and the instructions said to remove the bit that I was trying to remove! And the listing says nothing about it. We have a 2000 Fabia Elegance, and that has the motorized level adjustment. He was being quite b*tchy, so we'll see if I get my refund or not. He's currently saying he won't refund the return postage as they're manual adjusters and I had just bought the wrong ones....

I didn't even realise that the Fabia could be had without the motorized level adjustment?

Wouldn't buy from that guy again either way.

Edited by mark.r.cullen

Oh dear... :S

I did the DIY alternative, painting the chrome bits after splitting the headlight. I'd recommend it tbh, if you take your time and be methodical it's quite straightforward.

Here's the guide:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/121197-how-to-split-headlights-for-painting/

And the result:

NokiaPics042.jpg

NokiaPics043.jpg

Edited by Leodhasach