Parking sensors

Justa

Worth adding, although i am over the moon with mine, that very very occassionally the sensors become tempermental and when in reverse the alarm sounds with the continuous beep you get when very close to something.

I think i've worked out it seems to happen when the sensors are wet, they have been ok though when the car has been caked in dirt and grime recently in this poor weather.

The only reason i mention this is because it happened tonight, but again it has been raining.

In the 3 months since they have been fitted it has only happened about 5 times, considering the car is used every day it's nothing really.

This could of course be my dodgy wiring.

Jon

I'm very impressed-comparing them to the OEM ones on my last vRS they are just as good. I had the same thing happen with them!!

• 4 weeks later...

I've fitted the ebay ones to my mkII Octy. Piece of p155 to fit-measured the OEM positions off my brothers, which has factory fit. No canbus problems, power comes off reverse light & grounded to rear light fixing bolt. No need to remove bumper either-fed all wires through bottom of p/s tail light aperture & sited control module & beeper in side pocket near CD changer. :thumbup:

Positions I used are:

46cm centre to centre for middle two sensors;

41cm centre to centre from these to outside sensors;

All sensors 13cm from 'crease' in rear bumper (above exhaust height) to centre of sensors.

Easiest way to find the centre of the bumper I found was to measure between the ends of the reflectors in the bumper.

Like so:

HPIM1358.jpg

Sorry 'bout crap quality lol.

Thanks for the info.

Just ordered the £15 ebay ones. Got to be worth a shot at £15 with good reviews.

Which colour did you order? Was it 1. Black? and was it a good colour match?

Cheers

Mark

Just seen on another post that on the mk2 bumper there are pre-marked holes for fitting sensors (i'm assuming on the inside of the bumper).

Can anyone confirm this please?

Iron Grey was the colour. Closest match, not perfect though. I painted mine-just make sure you clean them off well first & don't go too thick. It's not very noticeable really.

Can't confirm re markings, sorry. As above, I fitted them in situ with measurements off OEM sensors.

HTH.

Just seen on another post that on the mk2 bumper there are pre-marked holes for fitting sensors (i'm assuming on the inside of the bumper).

Can anyone confirm this please?

That may have been a post I commented on, I have - albeit 2nd hand - heard that the bumpers, front and rear are pre-marked for sensors, and ironically enough they require 21mm holes to be drilled, when the weather improves I will be removing my rear bumper to fit the sensors I have, so I will find out for sure then. :thumbup:

There is also this topic, if you look at the forth picture you can see where it is pre-marked.

HTH

Edited by vRS_Pagey

• 3 months later...

I have the dealer fitted (not factory fitted) rear sensors. Does anybody know if these can be connected to the headunit like the factory fitted ones ?

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but figured it'd be better than starting another one...

The Cisbo ebay kits at ~£13 - will they work in a 2011 Octavia FL? Just wanted to check ref CANBUS etc.

Has anyone bought one of these sets for a Candy White car, and if so, is the "white" kit a close match?

And finally, how easy is it to fit these without removing the bumper? (Or is the bumper really easy to remove)

Thanks folks - sorry for so many questions, I don't actually own the car yet so can't see for myself! lol