"Bad road package" pics

Does anyone have "Bad road package" option installed? Car should be 2cm higher,and it has additional protection of motor and other stuff underneath but I can't find any pictures of it. I am worried that it may look awkward... I have to decide by the end of this week, and at the moment I am so close of opening photoshop and calculate how many pixels needed to match that 2cm...

What you could do for a reference is look at differences between the Octavia and the Octavia Scout.

It will be almost the same difference from "normal" to "bad road" for the superb.

Scout:

2008%20skoda_octavia_scout.jpg

Regular:

octavia.jpg

Haven't got any pictures for you, I'm afraid, but have seen quite many Superb's with the bad road-option fitted here in Norway.

It' s a matter of taste - personally I don't like it at all. I think it makes the car look odd - with too much space between wheels and body (even with 18" wheels).

I will therefore not order my Superb with this option - allthough it's udeniably a very practical feature.

John :yes:

I was 80% close to ordering Bad Road package. I found out that Superb is very popular in India, and there all cars are coming with Bad Road package, except 3.6L version which has normal. After looking few videos on youtube , I thought that is no that scary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syhbSXanf5g

However it is just sedan, no Combi there. But after seeing pictures from @vamp, I am 80% against package... it looks like pick up trucks, which looks pretty odd for limo kind of estate. I could live with extra space in front, but rear is just odd... Since I will have 17/16" combination, that would look wierd... I'll try to find some tubes from Norway :)

• Like 1

Found two, actually one of them seen earlier:

Can't understand a thing, but this doesn't look like it it raised 2cm... This video helped me realize that with black carpet option in beige interior you are getting black "B pillar" which doesn't look good, so I guess I will go for whole Beige interior with black floor mats, like someone posted few days ago.

On this clip I am not so sure, maybe this one is with bad road package, doesn't look so low at all... it doesn't look odd, so maybe I am wrong maybe it is standard.

Does anyone know is it reversible? Can I order Off Road Package, and if I don't like it, can I lower suspension to normal and keep underneath protection? I am worried about ordering something which will accompany me next 4 years without possibility to see it first :(

Does anyone know is it reversible? Can I order Off Road Package, and if I don't like it, can I lower suspension to normal and keep underneath protection? I am worried about ordering something which will accompany me next 4 years without possibility to see it first :(

I would imagine you would only need to change the springs, that ain't going to be cheap as it's not an easy DIY job and you'd need a 4 wheel alignment after too.

Hello!

First post in this forum.

I ordered new superb last week. My car is 4x4 tdi dsg version. Finnish car importer told me, that if you order 4x4 superb with bad road package (PSW)., car wont rise at all, it get only the protection under.

PS: hope you understund my poor english :)

Hello!

First post in this forum.

I ordered new superb last week. My car is 4x4 tdi dsg version. Finnish car importer told me, that if you order 4x4 superb with bad road package (PSW)., car wont rise at all, it get only the protection under.

PS: hope you understund my poor english :)

In sweden, thats not the case.

The suspension is liftet 18mm.

That is what i was thinking too. So thats why I asked specially from importer. They told that fwd is lift for 18mm but not 4x4. I realy hope its true, because i don't want that lift.

I got the 4x4 with 'Bad road' option and its higher then a normal superb. the difference is big enough for you to notice and its even more obvious when you got a normal superb right next to one with the 'Bad road' option.

You can have an idea about the look of "Bad Road" suspension watching this video (open 1:58 minute):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggaqXs3mnMs

I'm planning to order Superb Combi in Russia and don't want this option (despite our presumably worse roads than in UK). Standard clearance for Estate is 141 mm. You can play a little with tyre size to increase it (e.g. by installing 235/45 R17 instead of 225/45 R 17). So you'll have almost 150 mm. without that strange off-road look of the car. With standard suspension the car is also more agile in cornering and more stable in high speeds. As for reversibility - everything is possible with your money (as we say in Russia). I guess this will be not a cheap operation.

Edited by Maxxus

Already asked about tire size, and they don't have that size as there is no Skoda cars with that tyre size. I am not so crazy with idea of buying new set of tyres just because of this. But from the first look on specification, I was surprised how small wheels are on Superb, so definitely idea of up sizing tyres little bit, came to my mind. Since my Superb will come with 225/45/17 summer tyres, I was looking for proper winter tyres/rim, and I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't find matching combination of winter run flat tyres.

For winter I was thinking downsizing to 16" rims and getting higher sidewalls, and the most important thing is run on flats tyres. I don't want to get out of the car at all during winter :) However, after researching little bit, I found that it is a problem to find 16" run flat tyre with correct load rating (94+). Does anyone had any luck searching for something like this? I don't like idea of having 17" 225 wide tyres on snow as I have bad experiences with 245/17 on my ex A4 Quattro.

The best option I found is normal 205/60R16 Dunlop WinterSport 3D which is on the edge of Diameter Difference: 2.77% (Circumference: 80.67 in/2049.0 mm vs original 78.44 in/1992.3 mm) I am afraid it is too much, it will be 3cm higher if I am not wrong, is that acceptable/safe?

Anyway I think it is good idea to go little bit higher with clearance and sidewalls during winter, as I really don't like that sound of screeching noise of frozen snow underneath during winter. Roads in Serbia are really bad during winter, worse than in UK for sure. We have extreme hot summer temperatures (40C) and then moderate colds (-10) during winters, almost impossible to have right mixture for asphalt, resulting in craters during winter and big melting threads during summer. Difference is that during summer everything is fixed instantly and visible all the times but winter is twilight zone...

The best option I found is normal 205/60R16 Dunlop WinterSport 3D which is on the edge of Diameter Difference: 2.77% (Circumference: 80.67 in/2049.0 mm vs original 78.44 in/1992.3 mm) I am afraid it is too much, it will be 3cm higher if I am not wrong, is that acceptable/safe?

Though I'm not an owner of Superb yet, I've become a frequent reader of Russian Superb club forum (www.superb-club.com). I know some have put winter tyres as much as 215/60 R16 and don't have problems so far. On the other hand there was a bad case with 225/50 R17. Seems strange since the latter is less in overall diameter than the first one. Anyway 205/60 R16 should be OK. I was thinking to put 215/50 R17 for next Winter on my Superb.