New to Skoda!

Just got myself a Black Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.9tdi 105PD 60 plate, one of the last 1.9s available I believe, being a mechanic I know the ups and downs of these engines and im very happy I managed to get one! Anyway got a few questions to ask.

I have found some 18" Zenith alloy wheels in very good condition quite cheap. Will they fit? What tyres would I need to put on these and what PSI should they be set to? Also, will they look ok without me lowering the car?

Under the arm rest next to the aux input, there is an unusual handled thing that you can pull up and down, I cant for the life of me figure out what it does? Thats a terrible explanation but someone might be able to help.

I am thinking of getting it re-mapped. What will this do to my skoda warranty?

Loving the skoda so far, can't stop driving the damn thing!

Thanks in advance. Alex

Just got myself a Black Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.9tdi 105PD 60 plate, one of the last 1.9s available I believe, being a mechanic I know the ups and downs of these engines and im very happy I managed to get one! Anyway got a few questions to ask.

I have found some 18" Zenith alloy wheels in very good condition quite cheap. Will they fit? What tyres would I need to put on these and what PSI should they be set to? Also, will they look ok without me lowering the car?

Under the arm rest next to the aux input, there is an unusual handled thing that you can pull up and down, I cant for the life of me figure out what it does? Thats a terrible explanation but someone might be able to help.

I am thinking of getting it re-mapped. What will this do to my skoda warranty?

Loving the skoda so far, can't stop driving the damn thing!

Thanks in advance. Alex

The armrest handle - is it the aircon vent to allow you to cool down cans etc in the box.

Edited by IndianaBlues

My vRS has 18" Neptunes and has 225/40 tyres on it. PSI is debatable and you'll get lots of answers but I tend to run 34psi front and rear (which is a bit higer than the recommended pressures from Skoda)

The lever in the jumbo box (armrest) is to allow the air con/climate control in there so if you put chocolate in there with the air con on it stays cold, but if you have the heating on it will melt emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif (unnless you close the hole up)

Technically a remap will invalidate the warranty on anything related to it, e.g turbo, etc and they may try and get out of drivetrain issues saying you've added stress with the extra power... but enough people have remaps that I don't see it being a major issue...

The little handle thingy under the armrest controls whether you get a feed from the air con system into the storage box for keeping items cool. Or warm. Its described under "Front seat armrest with storage compartment" on pages 89 and 90 of the owner's manual.

Presumably 225/40 R18 tyres would suit as that's the size that come on the VRS with its 18 inch wheels?

Welcome to the club!

This is the vent to allow the "Jumbo" box to be cooled by the aircon. Pull it up for on, push down for off. You will find a similar gadget in the passenger glovebox - a rotating thingummy that uncovers a hole to allow the air to enter.

• 2 weeks later...

67892_468119101828_550686828_6147961_2010027_n.jpg

Got a picture for you all to see of her! I have my black grill ordered aswell. Thanks for the advice on the tyre sizes, picked them up today, very happy with them.

Regards, Alex

Very nice.

When I saw the first picture it took me a few seconds to notice the front fog lights and realise it wasn't actually a vRS :giggle:

Any chance of a side profile photo to get a real feel for how the wheels look on a non vRS FL Octavia?

The wheels look showroom new, how did you find some in such good condition?

Cool tints too B)

I have a picture on my camera but bat is dead at the minute, just found them on ebay, I have no idea how the guy got them, said he deals with alot of dealerships, there is one minor chip on one of them but apart from that they are showroom new. Its sitting a little high but I dont think im going to lower it, too much hassle when it comes to resale. Such a joy to drive!

Just topped up at the petrol station and a guy got out his van and said "F*** me thats clean" lol

*edit: Yes they are Zenith 18s

Edited by lindley