Another call to Skoda Assist this morning

First off must say very impressed with skoda assist. Rang them this morning at 5:45am in sub zero temps and they were out within the hour.

The Fabia door finally gave up the ghost this morning and wouldnt shut, it would just seem to bounce off the latch. Anyway a call to SA and they came out the guy spent hours looking at it and managed to bodge it together to let me get to the dealer.

SA rated A+ in my opinion.

i had that last year! on new years day i think and he was out in an hour or so! it froze inside and he poured warm water onto lock and it released it. so everytime it froze thats what i had to do!

i had that last year! on new years day i think and he was out in an hour or so! it froze inside and he poured warm water onto lock and it released it. so everytime it froze thats what i had to do!

Yeh it wasnt frozen but the handle and mechanism are actually damaged

• 3 weeks later...

Well its broken AGAIN !! This time the glass has actually popped out the top of the drivers window (this is kinda hard to explane) but there seems to be a bit of plastic come up through the door and is stuck to the window leaving it unable to close. After a few attempts the motor has completely stopped working now and the cars gone back yet again. This im my opinion is getting silly now. The cars less than 9 months old and been trouble free for less than 2 of that. Seriously starting to think about getting rid now and moving brands - feeling ripped off !!

Well its broken AGAIN !! This time the glass has actually popped out the top of the drivers window (this is kinda hard to explane) but there seems to be a bit of plastic come up through the door and is stuck to the window leaving it unable to close. After a few attempts the motor has completely stopped working now and the cars gone back yet again. This im my opinion is getting silly now. The cars less than 9 months old and been trouble free for less than 2 of that. Seriously starting to think about getting rid now and moving brands - feeling ripped off !!

Were you trying to use the window when frozen ?

Were you trying to use the window when frozen ?

No the window wasnt frozen, the car had been garaged most of the day. I had no option to use the window as none of the doors were working again (from the outside anyway) so had to pop down the window using the remote and open from the inside out. I'm sure its something to do with dodgie central locking but im no mechanic. Its so frustrating as we brought an Aygo the same week as the Skoda, its done double my 2500 miles and not missed a beat !

Edited by benwiddowson