9k for a nearly 5 year old VRS ?

I have been looking for a VRS for a few weeks now - I want to get a nice one but I don't want to get ripped off !

Dealers seem to be asking 9k for an 06 plate - I have seen a nice car at a stealers with a few nice extras and below average miles but its 9k !

9k seems pretty steep for a car thats nearly 5 years old !

Is it me being unrealistic or are the dealers taking the ......

That sounds a bit steep to me.

We got our '07 plate vRS TFSI (32k on the clock), with 18" alloys, metallic blue paint, 6 CD changer, Dual Zone Climate Control for £9995 from a dealer in October.

We got our '07 plate vRS TFSI (32k on the clock), with 18" alloys, metallic blue paint, 6 CD changer, Dual Zone Climate Control for £9995 from a dealer in October.

humm - pretty similar really - you paid £1000 more for a 1 year newer car...

Thats far too much. Paid 7k 2 months ago for an 07 plate TFSI VRS with full spec inc SatNav, Xenons etc. There are bargains to be had, you just have to be patient. My local dealer has on 06 up for 9k with a poor spec. Its been there for months!

Thats far too much. Paid 7k 2 months ago for an 07 plate TFSI VRS with full spec inc SatNav, Xenons etc. There are bargains to be had, you just have to be patient. My local dealer has on 06 up for 9k with a poor spec. Its been there for months!

was that from a dealer ? mileage ?

That's standard/base spec apart from the metallic paint.

That's standard/base spec apart from the metallic paint.

Correction - On an 07 VRS, the 18'' Alloys, Metallic Paint and the Dual Zone Climate (comes with the Jumbo Box) were all optional extra's

Correction - On an 07 VRS, the 18'' Alloys, Metallic Paint and the Dual Zone Climate (comes with the Jumbo Box) were all optional extra's

Really? I had an 07 vRS bought brand new in March 2007 and it came with all of those at no cost to me. Maybe something changed?

I'm buying a Skoda Octavia VRS 07 plate with 40k miles on clock full service & history, for £8500. It's a red one and i'm loving it :thumbup:

from a dealer ?

red ones do seem to be a bit cheaper - but i don't want red :(

They were options but Skoda was giving them away for free at that time, I got my car with that deal.

I believe that the dealer still had to specify them on the build so it was possible to miss them out. Or I think some people asked for an extra discount in lieu of the extras.

So it's possible to get one without.

I know of a member with a 57 plate 07MY with 17's, no climatronic and no jumbo box!

I know someone who got a 58 plate CR without the extras pack fitted :'(

Edited by Brimma