Parking sensors ....

how are they wired? mine have started playing up today which coincided with changing battery

when engaged i get a long beep then nothing.

i'm hoping they going to sort themselves out. The code logged on VCDS clears no prob.

What code does VCDS log? and when cleared does it come back? if it does it suggests a persistant fault on the PDC system.

it did come back........suggested a wiring fault.

i will check plugs are all connected by looking up into bumper

don't fancy taking it off it's a pain

I don't know if this is of any use.....but if you suspect a dodgy sensor, all you do is turn the ignition on (NOT THE ENGINE-for obvious reasons!). You then select reverse and go around all the sensors checking if they give out a very faint clicking noise (you have to put your ear very close to them), if they don't make a noise then you know you've found the offending sensor....if they all make a noise then perhaps the module or something else is at fault.....good luck!

Ive had a very similar issue with mine.. 2 garages (skoda) underwarentee and they failed to resolve.. Now the car is out of warentee and they will charge me for more investigation work

SOooooooooooooooooooooo

Took it to vw garage afew moments later.. they found the middle two sensors where buggered and they were not put back in correcty after the very first attempt by the first skoda garage... (the resprayed the outer ring on the sensor) that didnt resolve.. toook it back again.. still no resolution. now out of warentee im screwed

Contacted S-UK origionally who agreed to look again,, (but skoda garage failed to find fault) - then i was told i would be charged for more time if the car came back

VW checked the vibration... If skoda fob you off. go to a VW garage.

My other half (working for VW) is going to call the service manage of the first garage and get them to sort it.. if not.. MAJOR Written letter sent to Skoda head office to be done..

I have no idea to how skoda won the awards if they cannot diagnose an issue in a lot of hours time.. when vw can do it in under 30mins!

I don't know if this is of any use.....but if you suspect a dodgy sensor, all you do is turn the ignition on (NOT THE ENGINE-for obvious reasons!). You then select reverse and go around all the sensors checking if they give out a very faint clicking noise (you have to put your ear very close to them), if they don't make a noise then you know you've found the offending sensor....if they all make a noise then perhaps the module or something else is at fault.....good luck!

i'll check them later. I've recently had bumper off to get painted and made sure they were all ok when i refitted it. it's not hard to remove just a paingetting at side bolts burried in side trims

i will stick my hand up the rear tonight and make sure all plugs are ok.

i'm guessing they are passive switches rather than capacitive.

i'll check them later. I've recently had bumper off to get painted and made sure they were all ok when i refitted it. it's not hard to remove just a paingetting at side bolts burried in side trims

i will stick my hand up the rear tonight and make sure all plugs are ok.

i'm guessing they are passive switches rather than capacitive.

you can here them ticking away ! incidently the culpritt is the only that has dried crud on it when i arrived at work. Must be overheateing it's little self.

£66 from local dealer but needs paint - i might get away with using touch up if it's just the centre centre circle that comes out of bumper?

Edited by sprout99

• 5 weeks later...