Wood-look dash trim

jst_at_home

I've just put it on my Yeti.

I know it's not to everyone's but I think it looks great. But then I had a walnut dash on my mini in 1976!

Took Simpsons of Colne 10 days to get the pieces which come direct from the Czech Repiblic.

15 minutes to fit.

John

Edited by jst_at_home

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not to everyone's but I think it looks great. But then I had a walnut dash on my mini in 1976!

Took Simpsons of Colne 10 days to get the pieces which come direct from the Czech Repiblic.

15 minutes to fit.

John

John, do you have Gobi or Onyx interior? My poplar trim is waiting in my loft for my SM to arrive and I think with Gobi especially it sets the interior off a treat :thumbup:

15 minutes to fit.

John

Any more details about it....rough cost and ease of fitting it? I like the look of it too, but when one so used to owning Rolls and Bentleys, one becomes accustomed to that type of thing, doesn't one find?

Or not, as the case may be! :D

Didn't think that I'd go for it, but, y'know, it is kinda fetching!

A wee bit of personalisation that you can actually see and appreciate every day, and a heckuvalot cheaper than the ego-boosting chippery that abounds! Ha

'ere, Jon, - 'ow much den? Know wot I mean? Nudge nudge, clink clink, yeah?

From John above ^

S5L2858418CDT8 Passenger side £46.43 +VAT

S5L2858417CDT8 Driver's side £13.64 +VAT

HTH (and thanks again John - parts ordered from Parts John!)

Rob

Can you take some more photos please, how many parts did the order consist of?

I'll take some piocs tomorrow in the daylight.

Mine has the Bolero radio unlike drbig's which has the Columbus set.

John

Hi folks

I've fitted this dash trim on my SM: mine's Amazon Green with black leather seats and grey trim. I think it looks great but some in the family disagree !!

Took me about 30 mins to summon up the courage to tug hard on the existing dash trim (open the glove box and you can grip the bottom edge of the trim there) and 5 mins to fit. The trim around the radio comes off as you do it but easily pops back over the new trim. The small piece to the right of the wheel (above the lights switch) was a bit more difficult to get off - used a small flat head screw driver to prize it off. New piece snaps straight in.

[Please bare in mind that I'm completely un-mechanical and can only just top up the windscreen wash water!!]

Trev.

From John above ^

S5L2858418CDT8 Passenger side £46.43 +VAT

S5L2858417CDT8 Driver's side £13.64 +VAT

HTH (and thanks again John - parts ordered from Parts John!)

Rob

I know this may be a stupid question, but are these pucker Skoda parts; I'm presuming so.

Any alternatives? i.e. Carbon Fibre or black wood.

I know this may be a stupid question, but are these pucker Skoda parts; I'm presuming so.

Any alternatives? i.e. Carbon Fibre or black wood.

Yes they are pukka Skoda parts although not all dealers can order them, you need to find one that can order direct from the Czech Republic parts ordering system (I ordered my 'Poplar' wood trim from Hobins of Manchester despite living in Kent!). Having said that i also tried to order the wheel extensions at the same time and they couldn't be ordered as they were not passed for UK consumption at the time but I see that they are now available in the UK so its just possible that the Poplar trim may also be commonly available in the UK now also.

As far as I'm aware its the standard silver/Alu trim or Poplar, not aware of any others.

There are 4 trims that are available

Boreal Wood

Cosmic (Elegance)

Quartz (SE)

Graphite (S & E)

Regards,

TP

I sit corrected, although I understand that UK Skoda stealers call the wood trim 'poplar' rather than Boreal which is what I think it's known as in Ireland (& possibly elsewhere)

Here are some other pictures that I took before fitting

4624068813_c7f948917d.jpg

Drivers Side

4624069625_727d1c2d42.jpg

Fitting is simple as TJK said you just need to muster up the courage to tug hard to remove the existing one

Fitting just needs a very firm press to fit

Here are some other pictures that I took before fitting

4624068813_c7f948917d.jpg

Drivers Side

4624069625_727d1c2d42.jpg

Fitting is simple as TJK said you just need to muster up the courage to tug hard to remove the existing one

Fitting just needs a very firm press to fit

Quite right, there's a bit of courage involved. To prise the original trim out, I would recommend something non-metallic.

You could get a plastic pry tool or even a wooden or plastic kitchen spatula. Thing is that if you use anything metallic you run the risk of marking the plastic trim.

John

Quite right, there's a bit of courage involved. To prise the original trim out, I would recommend something non-metallic.

You could get a plastic pry tool or even a wooden or plastic kitchen spatula. Thing is that if you use anything metallic you run the risk of marking the plastic trim.

John

Photos as promised.

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

John

Love the wood trim with the Gobi interior and light colour door cards and lower dash. Not so sure with the Onyx though, prefer that with the standard metallic trim. Only a personal opinion of course, it is each to their own.