Yeti dog guard

Guin

Hi,

Recently got my Yeti, and love it.

I would like to get a dog guard for it and was wondering if anyone either had the official skoda one or at least knew how well it fits. If I slide the seats as far forward as I can does the dog guard stay further back and then restrict the available space for the hounds? I cant tell from the pictures and it would be great to find out

Thanks for the help if you know

Edited by Guin

Hi,

I would like to get a dog guard for it and was wondering if anyone either had the official skoda one or at least knew how well it fits. If I slide the seats as far forward as I can does the dog guard stay further back and then restrict the available space for the hounds? I cant tell from the pictures and it would be great to find out

Thanks foe the help if you know

We have the Skoda dog guard. It is screwed to the side panels on each side, and to the top of the rear window. It does not move with the seat. It is also a dealer fit, they had to fit 4 the mounting points for the screws. Once in it is fairly easily removed, but you have to unscrew 4 knobs. Luckily our dealer fitted it for free, but most charge fitting, it's not a 5 minute job apparently. We are happy with it, only have an old lab/cross, and it is well made. The only other one I've seen is the Travall version, which I think has rods attached to the luggage points in the boot, so is not moveable either. I think there are ones which fit to the back of the headrests and move with the seat, but don't know who makes them. Tony

Hi,

Further to our answer, if you go to the bottom of this page and put "dog guard" in the search topic box, there is some info there probably. Tony

Hi,

This is a very good question. We have a greyhound which is quite a long dog and, whilst the floor area is unrestricted by the Skoda dog guard, it's a bit of a squeeze when it stands up and tries to turn around. Otherwise it's a great piece of kit - very secure and easy to remove (aye, the dog guard, not the greyhound which is pretty useless!). I was going to ask my dealer if he could either move the fittings further forward or fit another set so that I could use it in two positions - further forward most of the time and further back if we ever have back seat passengers, which rarely happens. I think the dog guard is generally fitted to allow the seats to be moved to their furthest back/reclined position.

Another way of maximising dog room is to remove the middle seat and slide the outer seats forward (and closer together if you wish). The parcel shelf can then be placed vertically behind the seats to block the gap. This also solves the problem of where to keep the parcel shelf.

Edited by Del B

I bought the walkyguard from roofbox.co.uk for about £49. It's a 5 minute self-fit and it's universal if you have rear headrests. It fits our Fabia and Yeti. It's sturdy and great. Just an occasional slight rattle but I think I can fix that with a bit of tape round one of the extension rods. No interference with boot space and can still fit the boot cover-shelf if you want it in.

We have the Skoda dog guard. It is screwed to the side panels on each side, and to the top of the rear window. It does not move with the seat. It is also a dealer fit, they had to fit 4 the mounting points for the screws. Once in it is fairly easily removed, but you have to unscrew 4 knobs. Luckily our dealer fitted it for free, but most charge fitting, it's not a 5 minute job apparently. We are happy with it, only have an old lab/cross, and it is well made. The only other one I've seen is the Travall version, which I think has rods attached to the luggage points in the boot, so is not moveable either. I think there are ones which fit to the back of the headrests and move with the seat, but don't know who makes them. Tony

Is it possible to remove andndreplace the parcel shelf without removing the dog guard?

Is it possible to remove andndreplace the parcel shelf without removing the dog guard?

It is, I've only done it once and it was a VERY tight fit to wriggle it out. The instructions with the Skoda dog guard advise you to slacken off the two top knobs and tilt the guard forward to get the shelf in and out, I didn't and it was a struggle. Not something you want to be doing everyday in my opinion. We put the parcel shelf in the loft and left it there! We bought the rear sunshades because of the dog, and with the tinted windows they give you a total blackout from outside, no-one can see in the rear boot area at all, so we don't miss the shelf. Hope this helps, Tony

It is, I've only done it once and it was a VERY tight fit to wriggle it out. The instructions with the Skoda dog guard advise you to slacken off the two top knobs and tilt the guard forward to get the shelf in and out, I didn't and it was a struggle. Not something you want to be doing everyday in my opinion. We put the parcel shelf in the loft and left it there! We bought the rear sunshades because of the dog, and with the tinted windows they give you a total blackout from outside, no-one can see in the rear boot area at all, so we don't miss the shelf. Hope this helps, Tony

Thanks Tony, the dealer fitted mine so i didn't get any instructions with it. I might pick up a set of sunshades so, as its a right pain having to remove it every time I need to remove/refit the parcel shelf.

Thanks Tony, the dealer fitted mine so i didn't get any instructions with it. I might pick up a set of sunshades so, as its a right pain having to remove it every time I need to remove/refit the parcel shelf.

You don't have to buy all the sunshades if you're getting Skoda ones, just the rear hatch and the two small rear side ones may be enough for your needs, and will save you some money.