Superb pcp with maintenance contract

Sw1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice, as I get a company car allowance I have gone with skoda finance as it seemed quite attractive.

For an extra £50 A month I can also get service, maintenance and tyres cost covered, has anyone taken this?I will be doing around 18k a year, I know when you take such an option with BMW it makes good financial sense, I've done some sums on the tyres and it seems worth it, I believe this also includes brake pad/disc replacement.

Does anyone know the average cost of a major and first service on a superb?

I didn't take such an option on my bmer and I am being fleeced now, £200 a tyre due to run flats and the profile, I'm keen not to pass up such an offer again if it's good.

Thanks,

Edited by Sw1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice, as I get a company car allowance I have gone with skoda finance as it seemed quite attractive.

For an extra £50 A month I can also get service, maintenance and tyres cost covered, has anyone taken this?I will be doing around 18k a year, I know when you take such an option with BMW it makes good financial sense, I've done some sums on the tyres and it seems worth it, I believe this also includes brake pad/disc replacement.

Does anyone know the average cost of a major and first service on a superb?

I didn't take such an option on my bmer and I am being fleeced now, £200 a tyre due to run flats and the profile, I'm keen not to pass up such an offer again if it's good.

Thanks,

Hi not sure of cost on pcp but got mine on business lease £509.00 plus vat per month based on 3+35 months 120k miles full maintance through Lookers

£600 per year for tyres and a service seems a bit steep to me

assuming you have it for 3 years and you do 18k then first year should be no cost depending on how you drive second year one service and say front tyres at around the 18 month mark then maybe 2 rears at 24 month mark, second serveice and brake pads at 36 months another set of fronts at 36months

probably a lot less than £1800.00 which is what skoda want

but if you were like i was when i ran my own car for company use i didnt want any other costs over and above my monthly payment

Andy

Hi not sure of cost on pcp but got mine on business lease £509.00 plus vat per month based on 3+35 months 120k miles full maintance through Lookers

£600 per year for tyres and a service seems a bit steep to me

assuming you have it for 3 years and you do 18k then first year should be no cost depending on how you drive second year one service and say front tyres at around the 18 month mark then maybe 2 rears at 24 month mark, second serveice and brake pads at 36 months another set of fronts at 36months

probably a lot less than £1800.00 which is what skoda want

but if you were like i was when i ran my own car for company use i didnt want any other costs over and above my monthly payment

Andy

Thanks Andy, do you or anyone else no the average cost of a Skoda service? The maintenance contract also includes brakes which is a plus. In my current car I'm quite hard in tyres, I do like to have a little fun with it, rear wheel drive also eats tyres. When I get the Superb I will drive it more conservatively due to the nature of the beast.

I'm looking at if I need 2 - 3 services over 3 years, plus two sets of tyres and one brakes it may be worth it. Does Skoda use variable servicing like vw and BMW?

The only way to do the maths on the service question is to ring at least three dealers (within a distance you'd be prepared to travel) and get quotes from all of them. If you have to pay London prices it would be pointless quoting what I pay in Durham for example. Compare that to your fixed price plan. I suggest you read the small print carefully as well. We were offered a fixed price service deal on my wifes Fabia which looked good at face value to cover the first three years but the reality was it didn't cover the 3rd year service. Shopping around at dealers with different offers on can beat the Skoda service plan in my experience. Likewise with tyre costs. Skoda (fortunately) don't use run flats so you can get replacement tyres from any one of several mail order suppliers (e.g. Black circles, Camskill, Elite etc) and that will again likely beat Skodas prices.

Mark

The only way to do the maths on the service question is to ring at least three dealers (within a distance you'd be prepared to travel) and get quotes from all of them. If you have to pay London prices it would be pointless quoting what I pay in Durham for example. Compare that to your fixed price plan. I suggest you read the small print carefully as well. We were offered a fixed price service deal on my wifes Fabia which looked good at face value to cover the first three years but the reality was it didn't cover the 3rd year service. Shopping around at dealers with different offers on can beat the Skoda service plan in my experience. Likewise with tyre costs. Skoda (fortunately) don't use run flats so you can get replacement tyres from any one of several mail order suppliers (e.g. Black circles, Camskill, Elite etc) and that will again likely beat Skodas prices.

Mark

I will second that

i have ran 2 A6 and 2 Honda CRV's over the last 12 years and found that the servicing was cheaper to source myself as were the tyres

on the last CRV i went for Mitchellns and managed nearly 40k on them and they were really cheap something like £250 for 4 fitted and balanced using costco and there buy 4 get 40% when you renewed membership

they are a harder tyres but was well impressed with them and costco (but that is a trade wharehouse)

Andy