Pictures required

Hi chaps,

I recently got a set of rear parker sensors for the Octy, I will be fitting myself but I'm not sure on the exact location to fit on the bumper! :S

I would very much appreciate it if some of you wonderful fellows with sensors fitted, would post pictures of your vehicles rear ends (preferable vRS) to give me some idea. :thumbup:

Thanks in advance, Lee.

Not best piccy of car but defo can see position of factory fitted sensors, dont worry about car condition , brilliant rebuild by Just Car Clinics in Hartlepool.

Sensors go just below angle line of rear bumper. :thumbup:

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/ae51/Philip_Povey/new%20car/

Edited by BillyT1903

Ouch!

Like i said Pagey its all fine now, had 2 threads running bout it when it occurred but the repairers were fantastic, cannot even tell it been damaged, had it inspected by independent engineer after work done and he was very impressed, also took it into my Skoda dealers and they checked it out and said "they cannot tell its been in an accident". So am well happy, but hope the pics show the sensor positions ok , zoom in on the square on rear end one. :thumbup:

Like i said Pagey its all fine now, had 2 threads running bout it when it occurred but the repairers were fantastic, cannot even tell it been damaged, had it inspected by independent engineer after work done and he was very impressed, also took it into my Skoda dealers and they checked it out and said "they cannot tell its been in an accident". So am well happy, but hope the pics show the sensor positions ok , zoom in on the square on rear end one. :thumbup:

I am shocked at the damage caused to the number plate, its unreadable! :giggle:

Hi

when you take off the bumper there are line markings on the inside of the bumper just under the black rubbing strip. The raised markings are squares with a 21mm diametre circle within.

Drill a small pilot hole from the inside of the bumper out and then use the supplied cutter to drill the hole from the outside (i.e. positions exactly the cutter and then stops it making a mess as it breaks through.)

The measurement between the middle two is about 450mm and the outer two fall inline with the bulbs in the rear light cluster.

HTH

Hi

when you take off the bumper there are line markings on the inside of the bumper just under the black rubbing strip. The raised markings are squares with a 21mm diametre circle within.

Drill a small pilot hole from the inside of the bumper out and then use the supplied cutter to drill the hole from the outside (i.e. positions exactly the cutter and then stops it making a mess as it breaks through.)

The measurement between the middle two is about 450mm and the outer two fall inline with the bulbs in the rear light cluster.

HTH

Thanks for that mate, but I will probably be fitting with the bumper in situe. :thumbup: Interesting that the OE sensors require a 21mm hole also, makes the 15 quid ebay jobbies even better. ;)

would be easyer with bumper off mate!

if you need a hand and i can get up the hill, give me a shout.

Thanks for the offer mate, I think I will wait for this poxy snow to go first anyway. From the link attached by veryredskoda I think it should be easy enough to leave the bumper on, having said that I do like the idea of using the OE locations as it will give me the option of fitting OE sensors at a later date. :thumbup:

I may give you a shout in the new year though if I decide to remove the bumper.

Thanks for the offer mate, I think I will wait for this poxy snow to go first anyway. From the link attached by veryredskoda I think it should be easy enough to leave the bumper on, having said that I do like the idea of using the OE locations as it will give me the option of fitting OE sensors at a later date. :thumbup:

I may give you a shout in the new year though if I decide to remove the bumper.

Always happy to help a fellow briskodian :thumbup: