Reversin Sensor Playing Up. Cold ?

Looks like one of my Sensors does not like this cold weather. Last coupe of nights when starting from frozen it has been stuck on. I've wiped it down but no change.

After the journey it has been ok.

Anyone else had this problem with cold and sensors or is this sensor on the way out.

Previous cars ( Fabia and Octavia ) have not been a problem in the cold.

I've got one randomly playing up. Connector is clean & firmly attached, nothing in fault codes, it's mounted through the bumper properly, the face is clean, it's not visibly damaged.

Still randomly just locks on :-( When it goes in for its first service i'll see if they'll replace it under warranty. Probs not if it's only intermittent.

I am having a similar issue with mine just now. When I select reverse the display doesn't even come on on the stereo. Then it will work again.

I think that's semi common, the control unit is near the rear light cluster and it gets damp i think. I'd remove the connector plug and give it and the ecu socket a skoosh with switch cleaner and a rub with a toothbrush, see if that improves things.

Have a search on here, i'm sure it's a known issue and someone wrote a good step by step :thumbup:

I think that's semi common, the control unit is near the rear light cluster and it gets damp i think. I'd remove the connector plug and give it and the ecu socket a skoosh with switch cleaner and a rub with a toothbrush, see if that improves things.

Have a search on here, i'm sure it's a known issue and someone wrote a good step by step :thumbup:

Hi Mute,

I am struggling to find this step by step you talk about. Could you or anyone else post a link for me please?

Hi Mute,

I am struggling to find this step by step you talk about. Could you or anyone else post a link for me please?

I can't find it either :thumbdown: or even just pictures of someone getting the control unit out. There's a guy done step by steps for a tow bar but the parking control unit isn't visible in any shot either.