Diagnosis time please

Hi Folks,

I've noticed something up with the car over the last few weeks. Every now and again, when cruising along using cruise control i.e. no load on the car at all, it will 'jerk' very briefly as if all power was lost, but just for a split second - then all is fine.

I've had a few modern VAG's and know about the coil pack problem, but have never actually had one go so don't know what to look out for!

Probably happened 5 times in total, twice on the way home tonight.

Does these symptoms sound like a faulty coil pack? If so, I take it until it actually dies it will be tricky to diagnose which is at fault? Car has done 40k now, so if they're not too expensive I might just replace them all.

Any help appreciated as always.

Tim.

Funnily enough, given our recent conversations, there's no CEL light :)

When I put the new stage 3 on I pulled off 4 codes - did a quick check on all of them and they were all o2/exhaust gas related so dismissed them. Does the CEL light need to be on to have a fault code logged or does it only show up for the nastier codes?? I'll perhaps get my Sharkometer out tomorrow and see if any codes have re-appeared.

It was doing this a few weeks before the new stage 3 btw.