Can I easily change my clock from 24 hr to 12 hr?

because in the evening, i need to convert it to 12 hours, you see im used to the 12 hour format and i thought it should be an easy thing to adjust given that the octavia has so many options and gadgets

I still don't see why you need to (as you say) convert to 12 hr in the evening, I think the 12 hr is so outdated, and confusing, use the example: you say to me "meet me at the supermarket at 9:00 " thats fine, but do you mean in the morning or at night ? but if you said 21:00 then there would be no confusion and I would be there at night..

Its like on the TV, you hear them say a program starts at 10:00 o clock but is that in the morning or at night, I think the 12 hr clocks should be scrapped, and only use 24.

Radiotwo

I still don't see why you need to (as you say) convert to 12 hr in the evening, I think the 12 hr is so outdated, and confusing, use the example: you say to me "meet me at the supermarket at 9:00 " thats fine, but do you mean in the morning or at night ? but if you said 21:00 then there would be no confusion and I would be there at night..

Its like on the TV, you hear them say a program starts at 10:00 o clock but is that in the morning or at night, I think the 12 hr clocks should be scrapped, and only use 24.

Radiotwo

A large proportion of people have never used the 24 hour clock, we are taught at school the 12 hour clock so the 24hour clock is strange to some folks. The main people who seem to use 24 hou clock appear to be mainly forces or ex-forces or emergency services personel . If you said i will meet you at "nineteen hundred hours" an awful lot of folks will give a funny look , but if you say i will meet you at "seven oclock tonight"! they will know exactly what you mean.

I believe its in the manual

No mention of it in my manual:

Digital clock

A clock-set button is installed on the bottom left beside the speedometer for adjusting the clock, page 13, fig. 2.

Set hours

– Turn the reset button to the left.

Setting minutes

– Turn the reset button to the right.

WARNING

The clock should not be adjusted while driving for safety reasons but only when the vehicle is stationary!

A large proportion of people have never used the 24 hour clock, we are taught at school the 12 hour clock so the 24hour clock is strange to some folks. The main people who seem to use 24 hou clock appear to be mainly forces or ex-forces or emergency services personel . If you said i will meet you at "nineteen hundred hours" an awful lot of folks will give a funny look , but if you say i will meet you at "seven oclock tonight"! they will know exactly what you mean.

Well its about time the "large proportion" of people need to learn to tell the time with the 24 hr clock, as its hear to stay, its not just the forces that use it, Public transport use it, most of the TV listings are using it (just a few don't)

But back to the nineteen hundred hrs, most intelligent people will know what it is, and if I send you me a text and say you will meet me at 07:00 I would not know if you mean in the morning or at night, but if you put 19:00, I would know exactly, without having to ask is it morning or night !

Radiotwo

Well its about time the "large proportion" of people need to learn to tell the time with the 24 hr clock, as its hear to stay, its not just the forces that use it, Public transport use it, most of the TV listings are using it (just a few don't)

But back to the nineteen hundred hrs, most intelligent people will know what it is, and if I send you me a text and say you will meet me at 07:00 I would not know if you mean in the morning or at night, but if you put 19:00, I would know exactly, without having to ask is it morning or night !

Radiotwo

Hence the suffix a.m. or p.m. !

I seem to recall trying to change to a 12 hour clock [without having Maxidot] at the same time I chose the climatic to read in Fahrenheit. I don't think there was an option for a 12 hour clock available at that time. Maybe newer cars do have it??

Edited by ednmra

By a small analogue clock in Argos and keep it on top of the dash. It even has alarm!

Or you could even risk an occasional quick look at your watch, if it comes to that.

if I send you me a text and say you will meet me at 07:00 I would not know if you mean in the morning or at night.

Sorry to be pedantic. But being a member of the forces and also using the 24hr clock for everything that statement is incorrect. As you profess to use the 24hr clock so much if someone sends you a text saying "meet me at 07:00" I would fully expect you to be there in the morning. There is only one 07:00 in 24hr clock terms.

If however they sent a text saying 7:00 with no am/pm suffix then i could understand your confusion. :p :giggle:

P.S. dont take it to heart i'm just being pedantic :)

Sorry to be pedantic. But being a member of the forces and also using the 24hr clock for everything that statement is incorrect. As you profess to use the 24hr clock so much if someone sends you a text saying "meet me at 07:00" I would fully expect you to be there in the morning. There is only one 07:00 in 24hr clock terms.

If however they sent a text saying 7:00 with no am/pm suffix then i could understand your confusion. :p :giggle:

P.S. dont take it to heart i'm just being pedantic :)

My point exactly

If you change change it with Maxidot (if you have it) surely a dealer must be able to change (if you don't)

But if you persevere with taking away 12 for PM eventually you'll learn to recognise the times in 24 hour format....

Edited by juan27