05 Superb lowering

Floydster

Hi Guys!,

I have recently picked up an 05 130 comfort and would like to start the modding with some lowering!, not looking to go completly slammed but a definate drop is required! ; )

Any tips, requirements before I start?, looking at coilovers and wondered are any other parts needed like droplinks etc?

cheers

You have two options really, coilover's or springs, springs are cheap and cheerful with a maximum drop of 40mm IIRC, coilovers sound like a nightmare ride but many have been suprised how comfy this is in mine............ :thumbup:

All of the above is of course geared on what wheels you run also, if your running big hoops and rubber bands then the ride will be a lot harsher............. :yes:

No need for drop link work though however................ :thumbup:

So is that not your car lowered already Floydster or is that someonelse's.................... :|

not a fan of anthracite colour wheels - but that, my man, really looks the biz B)

Aren't they black?

Nice one mate :) u just need a front SLC splitter :) as in Baker`s lovely "S"

"S", nah mate, it's OEM+................. :thumbup:

Yeah its my car lowered! ;) , the wheels wouldnt have been my first choice but I couldnt turn them down at the price!!

And yeah they are Black!

Am I not reading your original post correctly? You want to lower your car but isn't it lowered in the picture above?

18" or 19" BBS CH's aren't they? Reps?

Am I not reading your original post correctly? You want to lower your car but isn't it lowered in the picture above?

18" or 19" BBS CH's aren't they? Reps?

I hadnt the car lowered when I asked the question but Its lowered now! ;) , yeah 18" reps!, the 19" are just out so we'll see what happens!

I hadnt the car lowered when I asked the question but Its lowered now! ;) , yeah 18" reps!, the 19" are just out so we'll see what happens!

So what set up did you opt for?

So what set up did you opt for?

Just went for the cheaper FK setup!, I think they are High Tec?, again very reasonable price! ;)

Just looking at some styling options at the mo!, the rear oem spoiler arrived and also a rear window spoiler!, not much else needing done I would say!

Just went for the cheaper FK setup!, I think they are High Tec?, again very reasonable price! ;)

Just looking at some styling options at the mo!, the rear oem spoiler arrived and also a rear window spoiler!, not much else needing done I would say!

Around £300 I assume, nice addition, I assume they are coilovers........... :|

Look forward to seeing the pics........... :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Just went for the cheaper FK setup!, I think they are High Tec?, again very reasonable price! emoticon-0105-wink.gif

How much have you lowered by?

Looks the dogs BTW :thumbup:

Pretty sure it's 40mm.

Thought so. It's looks so much lower than standard but when you look at 40mm on a ruler it's nothing

I've just chickened out of the 40mm drop and gone for Eibachs - booked in next Thursday so I'll post pics when it's done