Canon Eos 500D for christmas

Duggie

Hi all,

So, Santa was kind enough to get me my first DSLR for Christmas, I am still learning and have a feeling this photography stuff is a long road. I am a complete newbie to all this so any comments are welcome, positive and negative.

First one is of our MaineCoon cat, she just turned up about 2 years ago and never left.

IMG_0129.jpg

The next few are of my Fabia, unfortunately stuck in the garage due to snow but i wasn't going to let that stop me having a play. Comments on the car are also welcome, by no means low but slightly stanced i think!

No editing, just how they came off the SD.

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

More fun with light:

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Cheers guys, hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.

- Duggie

Going to be an odd one, but have you next time you try to get a photo like the first one of the car, try to not get the Clutter in the image, it will clean the photo up a treat!

Also been told about using Photobucket is a no no, as it compresses the img a lot! try using Flickr a lot les compression :thumbup:

Santa brought me a second hand 300D, which i then installed the 10D firmware :smirk:

Thanks for the crop mate, I do see what you mean, was just a little difficult with the car stuck in the garage, looking forward to this crappy weather passing so i can get out and away from the clutter!

I have a few friends who really rate the Nikon units and they all said to follow them, I was about to buy one when i saw the Canon and had a play, i just found it sitted better in my freaky large hands, was as easy to use as the Nikon and i'd also read good reviews of the 500D. Weird how the simplest thing can swing you...

Thanks guys!

-Duggie

I was about to buy one when i saw the Canon and had a play, i just found it sitted better in my freaky large hands, was as easy to use as the Nikon and i'd also read good reviews of the 500D. Weird how the simplest thing can swing you...

You actually picked the best reason to buy a Canon - for you.

Any camera that is not comfortable in it's owners hands is a camera that is not going to be used regularly. All jokes aside both Nikon and Canon produce excellent cameras and great ranges of lenses and accessories and whilst there are advantages one way or the other around the edges (Nikon CLS system for example) overall you can't go wrong with either unless you pick the one you don't enjoy using.

Luuuurve the funky steelies B)

You could do some awesome photos just bringing out the colour from those wheels, leaving everything else dark. A couple of desk lamps, dark card to make a shroud and hey presto, instant light modifier :D

Peterson's exposure book is really good, highly recommended too! :)