Octavia 2010 front lights

Hi All,

My dad has recently purchased a new MY 2010 Octavia Estate. What a fantastic motor for the money. He has the DSG box and the optional fake wood. Just like a 5 series BMW inside but probably better built!!!

We are a bit confused as to what the lights are for next to the front fog lamps and how to operate them. They seem to have an angled reflector and the manual refers to them as cornering lights. I have these on my discovery which come on when doing slow turns or the indicators are operated under 10mph. They then extinguish a few seconds later. On my dads car we have never seen them come on and do not know how they are supposed to work. The manual states the day time driving lamps should be off for them to work!!!!

Anyone please know what we need to do?

Many thanks

The cornering lamps are the fog lamps themselves, the little lights beside them are the daytime running lights. In the UK they are disabled by default but can be enabled by your dealer if need be.

The cornering lamps are the fog lamps themselves, the little lights beside them are the daytime running lights. In the UK they are disabled by default but can be enabled by your dealer if need be.

Thanks a lot - that explains the mystery.