Lowering springs dont fit!

DJR

I have just tried to fit some 20mm apex lowering springs to my car from euro car parts.

And upon fitting the spring the top is much wider than standard so the dished plate that screws down to hold it in place doesnt fit properly and also the spring still sits loose when everything is tightened up!!

It may sound like i dont know what im on about but my mate whos a mechanic has just tried to fit them.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

I would not go any further with those springs and get them back to where you bought them. The springs (top and bottom) should look exactly the same as the std ones you took off, else you will have problem fitting and expecting car to work the same.

That should of been the first thing to check prior to fitting them.

Perhaps Euro car parts have sold you the wring ones?

Edited by Bowders1

Thanks for the reply.

The standard spring has been put back on. We never fitted the lowering spring to the car just fitted it into the shocker and thats when we noticed it was ill fitting!!

I will contact them tomorrow and hope that its their fault!

Thanks

Dan