1.8TSi remap with DSG?

Hi there,

I just wanted to ask if it is possible to remap the 1.8TSi when it is coupled with the 7spd DSG box?

Most of the info i've seen states that the boxcan only take 250Nm torque. It seems strange that VAG would fit a box to an engine that sits on the max output that it could handle!!

Found some info on the Fabia 2 forum looking at the VRs, that research done by APR indicated that the DSG could take alot more power, 380Nm!!

I'd be interested in any thoughts on this as it may influence my choice of next car!!

Cheers

Mark G

with the 7spd DSG box?

Most of the info i've seen states that the boxcan only take 250Nm torque. It seems strange that VAG would fit a box to an engine that sits on the max output that it could handle!!

It isn't a black and white issue. It isn't a case where 250Nm of torque and the box lasts 200k miles, 251Nm and it explodes in a shower of shrapnel the first time you engage S mode and floor the throttle. It is a question of reducing longevity and increasing likelihood of catastrophic failure as torque increases. I guess it depends on how close to the cliff edge you are prepared to walk!