high level brake light removal (Estate)

I am looking to remove the high level brake light to gain access to the void in the boot lid. Frost damaged my house chimney and when it thawed a chunk of brick fell off my roof onto the boot lid spoiler above the light and then bounced and sctatched the bottom of the C pillar. 1" further back and it would have gone through the glass which would have been an easier fix :doh: . I haven't taken any tools to it yet but thought I'd ask if anyone had removed this light. Does it pop out or is it bolted somehow? There appears to be a plug on the other side of the boot lid but it appears too small to get any proper access.

Thanks

Had a look through the small plug hole behind and it doesn't reveal much. I'm still reluctant to use force to remove it unless it either, doesn't break or they are cheap (unlikely). Anybody removed the high level brake light on the estate?

I've not removed mine yet but I noticed the other day something like rubber tubing has broken the corner of the brakelight (red rubber tubing) maybe due to the cold the rubber has expanded, hoping it's not going to pop the light cover off.

• 4 years later...

I have just removed the high level brake light on fabia est 2010 model, after it failed and got advisory on MOT it seems to be fit and forget it is held in by 3 very strong spring clips. Tried pushing through the small hole to no avail !!! Tried well spread out leverage the plastic shattered so wound up breaking it out.

One possible solution may be close tailgate with helper inside apply lots of pressure through small hole and lever the plastic from outside. If it breaks replacement is £65.

My problem turned out to be yet another broken wire! the remains of the light works fine, a row of red LEDs. Which in theory should never fail.

Good luck. Peter.