Can't unlock Fabia

badbaz

I've searched on here and on Google - no luck with a proper answer.

One of my customers has a 2001 Fabia. It's locked. Key won't turn the drivers door lock. The central locking fob won't unlock it either. Tried new battery in it and held button for 60secs but no joy. Can't unlock via central lock button on door armrest, can't unlock via pulling handle as I believe is deadlocked. Tried pushing electric window buttons too, they don't work with the ignition off.

I've know the customer for 15 years, he ain't trying to steal it and neither am I!!

Can anyone suggest options. Or answer these queries?

Are there rods in the door which will unlock the deadlock feature and are these unshielded - groping around in the dark is a bit of a pain if there is no way in!

Can I back power the ignition from somewhere that would allow me to put the power windows down? (bonnet isn't open either)

Wondered if there is a covered barrel on the passenger exterior handle but doesn't look like it?

Or am I looking at a brick job?

Reply via PM if you feel your response is of a sensitive nature

Thanks

I've searched on here and on Google - no luck with a proper answer.

One of my customers has a 2001 Fabia. It's locked. Key won't turn the drivers door lock. The central locking fob won't unlock it either. Tried new battery in it and held button for 60secs but no joy. Can't unlock via central lock button on door armrest, can't unlock via pulling handle as I believe is deadlocked. Tried pushing electric window buttons too, they don't work with the ignition off.

I've know the customer for 15 years, he ain't trying to steal it and neither am I!!

Can anyone suggest options. Or answer these queries?

Are there rods in the door which will unlock the deadlock feature and are these unshielded - groping around in the dark is a bit of a pain if there is no way in!

Can I back power the ignition from somewhere that would allow me to put the power windows down? (bonnet isn't open either)

Wondered if there is a covered barrel on the passenger exterior handle but doesn't look like it?

Or am I looking at a brick job?

Reply via PM if you feel your response is of a sensitive nature

Thanks

Key works the mechanical part of door lock,

and is there for the event of electrical failure.

If you can't turn the key or unable to place key fully into door lock,

then my conclusion it is NOT the correct key for that lock.

I believe there is a number etched on the base of the key, contact Skoda with car registration number,

and verify etched key number is the correct one for that car.

Ask a kindly AA or RAC man, with documents to prove ownership.??

Edited by giandougl