Buying advice please!

Weird, this very same car was advertised on eBay Motors about 6 months ago, except the photo's were next to a white diesel Mercedes C Class instead of the BMW.

He was claiming a company car was forcing the sale!?

Weird, this very same car was advertised on eBay Motors about 6 months ago, except the photo's were next to a white diesel Mercedes C Class instead of the BMW.

Interesting! I suppose I have advertised cars in the past then kept it and sold again at a later date. I really like the car and spec. just wonder if it is priced correctly and if the mods (engine wise) suit the car?

He claims the sat Nav is factory fitted - bull****. No roof GPS antenna and no maxi dot in the dash :dull:

The Skoda badges have been removed and the car looks **** for it IMO.

The car looks like it's been messed about with a lot. My gut instinct says move on and find a nice clean example, there are loads out there.

P.S.

An extra 55bhp and 100lb/ft torque is quite a bit considering it's running a stock turbo, or am I being cynical? :S

Edited by dstev2000

Yeah I was thinking I had seen this car before on Pheads

Nothing about previous owners or service history - or am i blind!?

Just 'I modded this that and the other'.

Sat Nav - a garmin nuvi is just as good !

Seller sounds like a bit of a gob-****e!....I'd be carefull spending that money privately, I would pick up a standard and do the mods yourself this one is not cheap you could cut a deal with a main dealers 500-1000 off with no px.

Seller sounds like a bit of a gob-****e!....

I'd be inclined to agree. You can actually see the white C Class reflected in the paintwork on his second photo.

Ask him what happened to his new company car! :giggle:

rocketman,

I've found his original eBay listing here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Unique-Skoda-Octavia-VRS-Tdi-225-bhp-340-Lbs-Torque-/250730958080?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a60bacd00

Same text but a few more pictures.

Never made the reserve back in November...

rocketman,

I've found his original eBay listing here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Unique-Skoda-Octavia-VRS-Tdi-225-bhp-340-Lbs-Torque-/250730958080?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a60bacd00

Same text but a few more pictures.

Never made the reserve back in November...

Thanks for digging that out mate, and all the comments from others. Little things like the badges don't bother me-easily changed. Good info on the satnav etc. I imagine it has been retro-fitted. You are all doing a good job at putting me off this car very quickly!! Just appealed to me as he wants to take my car in part ex. Shows the value of getting on a decent forum and obtaining balanced honest opinion. ;);)

There is nothing wrong with retro fitting the sat nav, I retro fitted a Columbus to my last Octavia. My gripe is the blatant bull**** about it being a factory fitted system, it puts the integrity of the entire ad in question IMO.

I would never buy a car that's been modded, you can never be sure of what's been done and what hasn't.

My advice, there's plenty of good ones out there, find one of those, and do the mods yourself.