New Filters Fitted, what a difference

Just fitted a new Air Filter and a pollen filter bought from Opi Oils Excellent Price and delivery Big Thanks

What a difference its made to the Car, feels a bit more responsive. Cabin warms up quicker, never seen filters so dirty

IS this someting fairly easy to do onesself, even if not technically minded or gifted?

what was the all in cost?

Good stuff. Might take a look at my pollen filter as I've not inspected since I've had the car.

Hope you signed up as a Brisky car club member at Opie before ordering :)

Good stuff. Might take a look at my pollen filter as I've not inspected since I've had the car.

Where is Pollen filter exactly located? 2006 vrs petrol :)

Just fitted a new Air Filter and a pollen filter bought from Opi Oils Excellent Price and delivery Big Thanks

What a difference its made to the Car, feels a bit more responsive. Cabin warms up quicker, never seen filters so dirty

Just replaced the air and fuel filter at 40000 after 4 yrs use despite not being on the service schedule. The car does feel more responsive i.e like it used to be. If you watched the Top Gear programme several yrs ago when they tried to tune up a Renault Avantime 3.0 V6, they did an initial measure on a rolling road. It was pushing out about 160 Bhp. They simply replaced the dirty air filter and it restored the factory standard figure to about 200Bhp. I took it as a good pointer to spend a little on an air filter to maintain performance and economy. They removed weight and gave it better suspension and tyres, but the cheapest performance improvement was the air filter.

mmmmm....Good point there Steve

I have an account at Opie Oils but don't know if I registered as a Brisky Member

I'll check....Thanks

How many miles had the car done on those filters / how old were they ?

Don't honestly know. I've had the Car about 6 months and was supposed to be given a service by the dealer when I got it DM Kieths in York.

Looking at the service book both filters have never been changed.

They were clogged up to the hilt, car must think it's cut the 80 a day habit, is on nicotine patches and wearing an Oxygen mask. I'm a suprised just how much a difference it's made

Think MPG has also gone up.

mmmmm....Good point there Steve

I have an account at Opie Oils but don't know if I registered as a Brisky Member

I'll check....Thanks

Worth checking as you'll save a bit more :yes:

Just replaced the air and fuel filter at 40000 after 4 yrs use despite not being on the service schedule. The car does feel more responsive i.e like it used to be. If you watched the Top Gear programme several yrs ago when they tried to tune up a Renault Avantime 3.0 V6, they did an initial measure on a rolling road. It was pushing out about 160 Bhp. They simply replaced the dirty air filter and it restored the factory standard figure to about 200Bhp. I took it as a good pointer to spend a little on an air filter to maintain performance and economy. They removed weight and gave it better suspension and tyres, but the cheapest performance improvement was the air filter.

The 40k interval is way too long: I halve that.