How To Remove Steering Wheel Lock?

Hi,

The ignition barrel unit is made up of 3 parts, the barrel itself, the switch and inbetween those two is the steering wheel lock.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to remove the steering wheel lock part? To be honest, it would be a lot easier if I could just extract the lock without having to take the whole thing off, I do not know if it comes out or is part of the whole unit, so if anyone has any instructions on how to remove it, it would be really appreciated, got replacement parts but to be honest its only the lock part thats broken and it would be so much easier if I could just replace it rather than taking the whole thing off.

Thanks for any advice :)

Jon

On a side note, the tamper proof bolts that hold the whole ignition barrel/lock/switch unit on, how tough are they?

If I need to remove the whole thing I will, just wondered if I could get away with hitting them with a screwdriver head and hammer, and then just turning them to get them out???

Cheers

Jon

I dont think anyone is going to reply, since posting such details on a public forum is a bad idea. I would suggest that anyone wanting to help out here should do so via PM.

Ah ok I didn't realise, its in the Haynes workshop manual of how to get the whole thing off so can't imagine it being a big thing, plus the Skoda manual says a special tool is required to remove the steering wheel lock, I don't need to break the lock, as I have the keys I am trying to remove it so I don't have to remove the whole ignition barrel/lock/switch.

Amazing that I need to do all this because a 1" piece of metal sheared off the lock :(

Jon