Leaking rear caliper - MOT failure

Had my 2002 RS MOT'd today & it failed for tyres (perished/cracks on sidewalls) & a leaking nearside brake caliper.

I've had a quick search & this seems to be the definitive thread but I wondered if anyone had any more info. I'd prefer to go for genuine Skoda parts if available.

Has anyone got a part number/price for a refurb kit or replacement caliper?

Thanks

Darren

It depends where its leaking from, if its leaking from piston i would just get a new caliper but if its leaking from bleed nipple or feed pipe it might just need nipping up or copper washer's replacing

There is a rear brake cylinder kit which they do not want you to buy for around £10-15, If reqiured I can find out the number. Let me know m8.

I have ordered some parts from my local dealer for about £25. Hopefully they will be correct. I will put them in the 'Useful part numbers' sticky at the top of this forum. Might be worth sticking the kit in there as well if you find the number.

Thanks for your help.

Darren

My rear tyres failed for the same reason, wasn't very happy as they had loads of thread on

My rears were starting to get a bit worn (4 yrs old, about 17K miles) but the fronts had loads of tread on (3yrs old, about 12K miles).

I was a bit annoyed by it as well until this afternoon. I have just been down for 4 new Conti SportContacts (old were Avon ZV3) & the difference is amazing! Even driving back through rush-hour traffic the car was noticeably quieter & smoother. The old tyres were definitely f****d! It's funny how you don't notice the gradual deterioration.

I was going to replace the rear suspension bushes, as I'd noticed a 'shimmy' over manhole covers etc. It's gone now! :thumbup: