Is £200 a fair price for a wheel refurb?

vRS Joe

Hi,

Im looking to get my recently acquired 17" Octy Spiders re-painted in spakle silver and today received a quote for the above price.

This is for a full strip and paint all over. One wheel also requires a severe kerb scuff to be mended.

I've asked for them to be finished to show condition. Judging by the guys gallery of finished wheels, thats what I will get! http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?fbid=183547824871&id=169100184871&aid=122370

I know there are chaeaper places... http://www.citypowdercoating.co.uk/ ... But I've used them before and this time I'm after a top notch job.

Is this a fair deal?

Edited by farmer11

If this price is for a full strip back then refurb where appropriate, primer, colour & lacquer then it's good.

The company who does all our refurbs & colour swaps for work charges them out at £80 per wheel, saying that the quality of workmanship is absolutely superb & we're aren't talking about small wheels :thumbup:

Sounds very fair to me. The local place I use also charges £200 for a set of four 17" wheels, BUT it is +VAT so obviously is actually £240 at current vat rate. They do a damn good job though! And I've had a wander around the machinery they use, and I am not surprised at the quality!

Is this a fair deal?

Sounds like it to me mate, especially if it's as described........... :thumbup:

Can't read the Facebook link but any cheaper and I would assume the job wouldn't be a full refurb.......... :no: