Yeti at 10K

Noige

Been away for a while (driving the Yeti :-) )Just notched up 10K miles in just over 6 months and much enjoyed the experience.

My Yeti has been removal van, cycle carrier, off road on farm tracks and fields, up and down steep hills in deep snow, a motorway speeder (only a bit). All without missing a beat.

I have to say it has lived up to all expectations. Thought the ride was a bit lively to start, but I've got used to it ( and alleluja my wife now likes it too!). The 140 goes really well on fast roads, but is great to drive and park around town.

All in all I have been really impressed; even the rather slick looking tyres have proved to have surprising grip in the snow and ice.

The most frustrating thing is I can't listen to the cricket as no long wave!

Had a quick scout round the forum and it still looks great - lots of good stuff, might go for some of those all season tyres when mine wear down.

Been away for a while (driving the Yeti :-) )Just notched up 10K miles in just over 6 months and much enjoyed the experience.

My Yeti has been removal van, cycle carrier, off road on farm tracks and fields, up and down steep hills in deep snow, a motorway speeder (only a bit). All without missing a beat.

I have to say it has lived up to all expectations. Thought the ride was a bit lively to start, but I've got used to it ( and alleluja my wife now likes it too!). The 140 goes really well on fast roads, but is great to drive and park around town.

All in all I have been really impressed; even the rather slick looking tyres have proved to have surprising grip in the snow and ice.

Had a quick scout round the forum and it still looks great - lots of good stuff, might go for some of those all season tyres when mine wear down.

How's the Gobi leather wearing? I'm hoping it won't be too arduous to keep clean when mine arrives.

How's the Gobi leather wearing? I'm hoping it won't be too arduous to keep clean when mine arrives.

Good - no problems any mud etc. just wipes clean; looks like it will be more durable than the Jaguar leathers that I had previously. I'm finding the seats comfortable as a 6 footer. Also on the outside the Muscovado is great for not showing up the dirt!

Good - no problems any mud etc. just wipes clean; looks like it will be more durable than the Jaguar leathers that I had previously. I'm finding the seats comfortable as a 6 footer. Also on the outside the Muscovado is great for not showing up the dirt!

That's excellent news - thanks very much and enjoy!

Funny how little things can swing a decision. I was quite keen on Yeti and Golf Plus, but as a cricket fan couldn't bear to be without LW! Bit silly really.

Funny how little things can swing a decision. I was quite keen on Yeti and Golf Plus, but as a cricket fan couldn't bear to be without LW! Bit silly really.

Not at all silly. It's really hard work finding radios with LW these days.

The title of this thread might get folks overexcited, thinking it means £10K!

As for Long Wave - I agree - all my many VAG vehicles for many many years have suffered from the same, extremely annoying, deficiency. It has almost made me go elsewhere at times - 'tis that irritating.