Problem with Traction Control light

Hi, wondered if anyone could help me, The light that I would call my traction control light (comes on when you loose traction or when you switch "ASR" off) Has just started turning itself on?

If i stop and turn the car off and back on the light will be off, but will come back on again after driving about 5 miles?

I dont think the traction control works when the light appears, but cant be assed getting an asbo trying to find out for sure :giggle:

Other than a diagnostics test at a garage, Any ideas? If anyone needs more info let me know!

Thanks

The weather wasnt improving so ive just been rolling around my driveway in the p1ssing rain to find the culprit which is indeed this broken wire, now.....

It has snapped either inside the plug or right at the end so afaik i cant repair it?

I had planned on a run down the scrappies to find a plug, it wont matter if the colour of the wires are the same will it? As long as its the right plug?

And Im not going to be able to get it done today, am i doing any damage to anything running with this light coming on every 10 minutes?

Only one wire is broken, could i snip the other off removing the plug all together to find an exact match?

Any quick help would be much apreciated!

Thanks

The weather wasnt improving so ive just been rolling around my driveway in the p1ssing rain to find the culprit which is indeed this broken wire, now.....

It has snapped either inside the plug or right at the end so afaik i cant repair it?

I had planned on a run down the scrappies to find a plug, it wont matter if the colour of the wires are the same will it? As long as its the right plug?

And Im not going to be able to get it done today, am i doing any damage to anything running with this light coming on every 10 minutes?

Only one wire is broken, could i snip the other off removing the plug all together to find an exact match?

Any quick help would be much apreciated!

Thanks

Do the same as others have done - scrap the plug. get two pieces of wire and some shrink wrap. join the snapped wires and solder - then heat shrink over the joints.

Join the wires that were snapped from the plug and leave the other plug open? Surely something wouldn't work after that!?

NO - the plug joins two wires that run across the engine bay.

Remove the both parts of the plug completely and join the relevant wires together without the plug in line.