Varioflex seat stuck

eca00opc

Had a big load of stuff to take to the tip and used it as a good excuse to turn my Roomie into a van. Sadly though one of the seats at the back (the right one) would not tilt up from its locked down position. I could feel that one of the catches was free but the other was completely stuck and no amount of heaving was going to shift it. Anyone else had that problem and what did they do to fix it? It seemed very difficult to get under the seat to free it manually, but there might be a trick to it... Many thanks

Had a big load of stuff to take to the tip and used it as a good excuse to turn my Roomie into a van. Sadly though one of the seats at the back (the right one) would not tilt up from its locked down position. I could feel that one of the catches was free but the other was completely stuck and no amount of heaving was going to shift it. Anyone else had that problem and what did they do to fix it? It seemed very difficult to get under the seat to free it manually, but there might be a trick to it... Many thanks

Was the seat in the rearmost position. I think the seats don't fold forward if they are in any other position.

• 1 month later...

I have had exactly this problem today - lots of stuff to the tip and got the rear right and centre seat out but cannot budge the rear left. I can fold it down but when I lift the lever at the back it doesn't realease the seat for removal. I have removed the seats in the past with no problem at all. Bit worried about forcing anything but can't work out what to do. Help!!! Did you have any luck with the lubricant idea? Shall I just spray WD40 around in some random way?

Edited by susisung

I have had exactly this problem today - lots of stuff to the tip and got the rear right and centre seat out but cannot budge the rear left. I can fold it down but when I lift the lever at the back it doesn't realease the seat for removal. I have removed the seats in the past with no problem at all. Bit worried about forcing anything but can't work out what to do. Help!!! Did you have any luck with the lubricant idea? Shall I just spray WD40 around in some random way?

Susisung - WD40 is not a lubricant. Ideally you need a spray with teflon. It is essential that the seat is pushed back fully before any attempt is made to remove the seat. I am over in Huntington, if I can be of help just ask...

Susisung - WD40 is not a lubricant. Ideally you need a spray with teflon. It is essential that the seat is pushed back fully before any attempt is made to remove the seat. I am over in Huntington, if I can be of help just ask...

Just shows how much I understand! Thanks for you reply - I'll have another go making sure the seat is pushed right back and see if that works. I'll let you know how I get on and follow any suggestions if this does not do the trick. I am in Hoole so not far away.

Edited by susisung

I have tried with the seat pushed right back - and behold! - it has worked. I hadn't realised that it was moved forward!

I'm very grateful for your help.

I have tried with the seat pushed right back - and behold! - it has worked. I hadn't realised that it was moved forward!

I'm very grateful for your help.

All done without WD40!