Iphone / columbus phone book sort order

Hello

I have a columbus and an iPhone 4 working perfectly together....well almost perfectly. Unfortunatley the phone books is listed surname first in the Columbus which is logical enough but if I want to voice dial someone I also have to say their name surname first.

So if i want to voice dial Joe Bloggs i have to say "Dial Name", then "Bloggs Joe". I know I can add a custom voice tag but his is dedious and takes time. I have already tried changing the sort order in the iPhone but it makes no difference.

Is there any way to change the phone/columbus combo to behave the way I want?

Does this problem occur with other makes of phones?

Regards,

GT

Hello

I have a columbus and an iPhone 4 working perfectly together....well almost perfectly. Unfortunatley the phone books is listed surname first in the Columbus which is logical enough but if I want to voice dial someone I also have to say their name surname first.

So if i want to voice dial Joe Bloggs i have to say "Dial Name", then "Bloggs Joe". I know I can add a custom voice tag but his is dedious and takes time. I have already tried changing the sort order in the iPhone but it makes no difference.

Is there any way to change the phone/columbus combo to behave the way I want?

Does this problem occur with other makes of phones?

Regards,

GT

Using the MFD, go to phone then to settings, you can from there scroll to the options and change the phonebook from Lastt, first to First Last.

hope this helps

Heath

I'm afraid that menu doesn't exist in my Superb neither in the maxi dot nor in the Columbus settings menu.

I've the GSM II kit.

One thing is that the missed, answered and dialled numbers all show up Mr. Firstname Lastname

Regards,

GT

I'm afraid that menu doesn't exist in my Superb neither in the maxi dot nor in the Columbus settings menu.

I've the GSM II kit.

One thing is that the missed, answered and dialled numbers all show up Mr. Firstname Lastname

Regards,

GT

Hi GT

below link may help you as this show you the way to change it. This is for the new 9W7 bluetooth kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OTVnlhZLM3k

Heath

I don't have those menu options in my superb also signal strenght etc don't show on my Maxi dot only phone book, missed calls, received calls and dialled numbers. phonebooks goes straight to the phone book with no menu for sorting.

I think different car kits have different menus. Mine is the GSM2 kit that doesn't use rSAP and so doesnt turn the car into the phone.

Regards,

GT

I have the GSM II kit and I have the menus that are shown in the video. To get there i press the phone button on the steering wheel or scroll to "Phone" in th main menu on the Maxidot. There are no settings on the Columbus for the phonebook.

/P

Thats strange! Maybe these options was not available on the 2010 model? (Mine is a 2011). Have you checked the manual? Mine says what menus should be available in the phone menu in the MaxiDot. If your manual says that you should have menus other than the ones you have, I would take the car to the dealer and ask them to fix it.

/P