So, we went out to buy a new Cooker and ended up with...

...An ex-demo Laurin and Klement 2.0 TDI DSG for Wifey -- to replace her 6YO Octavia II Elegance 1.9 TDI DSG! :)

However, wifey's logic defies me; whilst discussing recently we decided that her mileage no longer warrants Diesel. We hate black cars (or at least I do, and her father had a bad experience with a black car, we swore we'd never go near it --- Swirl mark heaven :S)). We have a 5YO who clambers all over the insides, leaving dirty foot prints everywhere, dropping food, dripping drinks and generally leaving a sticky mess...

So, how we ended up with:

• A diesel, which (I suspect) drinks more diesel than the last one. :wonder:
  • Metalic black exterior :no:
  • Alcantara interior :doh:
  • No cooker -- been broken since New Year's Eve!! :'(

...I'll never know. :p

I only hope she now enjoys learning the two bucket method of washing, and careful application of wax, thank you very much! :rofl:

Well, I think they gave a reasonable PX price for her old Octy, and she picks up her new beast on Wednesday.

Sadly, I could not convince here a vRS was the "One True Way" to go, to complement my RX8 :giggle:

Edited by SeanP

HAHA well done!

But you are concerned that the 2.0 will drink more than the 1.9 when you have a RX-8!!

But you are concerned that the 2.0 will drink more than the 1.9 when you have a RX-8!!

Ha! True -- but we have to have SOMETHING which appears to tip the balance ;-)

The Octy probably uses less diesel than the RX-8 does in oil!

Think you need to get a 5 point harness for the 5 year old then to protect the seats!

Show me a diesel that gets 1,200 miles to a litre of oil... ;)

11k in mine and not a drop ;)

67k in my 2006 Caddy 1.9TDI PD its never needed topped up between oil changes :giggle:

Hah! Yeah, right ya'll know the original Q referred to the kind of oil that gets BURNED :p ;-)

Update: Still not looked at cookers... replacement from manufacturer -- 6-8 weeks TO MANUFACTURE ... that's not even delivery :-(

I got a new cooker from dixons....they even delivered on a Sunday and were the cheapest by far....

Nice one...I went out for a pizza & ended up with my Vrs!

I used the pizza trip as an excuse to get my missus into the dealers (don't tell her !)

3yrs later it's still been the most expensive pizza I've ever had !

1.Take the kids shoes off when they get to the car, strap firmly in to seat and ignore please for food and drink (turn the stereo up)

2. Wrap dinner in foil and place in engine compartment

3. go for a looong relaxing drive enjoying all the toys

When you get home dinner should be cooked, child will be tired, hungry and grumpy, BUT you will feel goodemoticon-0148-yes.gif

PS black cars are brilliant for the 10 minutes after you have cleaned them, then it rains, or dust seems to magically appear if no rain. Glad to be getting rid of my black Avensis in a few weeks when Superb arrivesemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Edited by superbfan

Great effort :D

What cooker are you looking at that will take 6-8 weeks?! :o

Stoves 900DFT -- that's from Manufacturer at a very special price... May be abnle to find one "in stock"elsewhere, but will be at shop prices, of course....

That's 6-8 weeks to START of manufacture... then wait for manufacture and delivery... not date for that!

The other consideration is the RangeMaster Professional 90+ -- but neara chunk more money (and double the manuf. price of hte Stoves!!) :(

Deffo NOT the Belling 900DFT -- it's low on features and build quality, though otherwise "identical" to the Stoves.

@SuperBfan :giggle: with regard to the black paint -- Wifey's just returned from CostCo with a 36-pack of microfibre cloths, so she's at least "thinking" in the right direction... :D

Edited by SeanP