Have I bought the right glue?

devonutopia

I'm worried I've bought the wrong glue to stick my boot spoiler on with. :eek:

Its a tube in a skeleton gun type of cartridge, and is called "polyurethane bonding adhesive sealer"

As far as I can tell its the same as the German tube of glue I got which split and set solid. Both mention "polyurethane" which is a little comforting.

So, has anyone used this adhesive/sealer described above? And is what it says it is, and will stick my spoiler on and not let go. :D

Would is also be good for bonding together two sections of a vRS rear bumper? ;)

Sometimes* I worry about you Jason.

Seriously' date=' why not give your local bodyshop a ring and ask them ?

*Actually slightly more than sometimes

Mainly because they quoted me silly money just to stick the thing on for me. :rolleyes:

Oh, and :P to your little * comment. :D

Sometimes* I worry about you Jason.

Seriously' date=' why not give your local bodyshop a ring and ask them ?

*Actually slightly more than sometimes

:rofl: I do have this vision I must say.Who did the thread about "have you stuck a spoiler on yourself" :rofl:

Jason....we in the trade use "Tiger glue"......i`m being serious by the way. It`s in a tube that fits your standerd corking gun, we have stuck several large spoilers on with it and it has decent grab, but takes 24hrs to go off fully.

Most auto shops do it........

Phil

Well, the stuff I got needs a caulking type gun (think we call them skeleton guns for silicone and stuff). But an internet search brought up no results for any type of glue called Tiger Glue. :(

Gonna end up using damned super glue in a minute. :rolleyes: Although I obviously don't want to use anything that sets rock solid, on something which needs a small amount of flex. :)