Options for Octavia VRS TFSI tuning

weyland

Hi Kev/Jabbasport

I'm fairly local to you guys but due to work/family comitments an struggling to find time to call up during the day or pop down one weekend. I'm planning on having my VRS mapped in the next few months so this is a bit of research before I book the car in.

Do you do any switchable maps for the Octy 2 VRS? I'm doing local driving all week (less than 5 miles) and the MPG is suffering, is it possible to get an economy map and a performnace map for the car?

Are there any basic (fairly cheap) mods worth considering before having the car remapped?

What RARB, FARB & antilift kit options do you have?

Can you give me an idea of prices inc. and briskoda discounts for the above.

• Like 1

Hi.

We can offer a STS unit, similar to what Shark Performance offer, which allows you to switch maps at any time.

What i will say though, is the modified map, will always provide better economy over any other map.. Because you have more power you use less of it kind of thing.

What i'd suggest is get the vehicle mapped, and see what the economy is like. Obviously it's not as much of an increase as you'd see on a diesel..

If in the future you then wanted to start swapping maps, we could just sell an STS unit outright..

Cheers

Kevin

Our stage 1 map comes out at £295 inc VAT, the STS unit would £200 inc VAT extra.

I'd recommend the Eibach ARB kit, they come out at £313.05 inc VAT. That's a 26mm front and 23mm rear, both adjustable..

Fitting would be around 2 hours, at £56ph

Thanks

Kevin

Thanks, this sounds good. I think I'd be tempted to go for a remap first, then when i've got used to the power maybe go for the ARB option to help me put it down better and tighten things up a bit.

Do you do any kind of data logging on the car first to check how it is running prior to remapping?

Hoping to get you guys to service it later in the year rather than use Wings.