Carpet out off a leon

• 1 month later...

Well i finaly got round to doing this, this weekend , It went in no probs @ all .

Dont know why some one @ skoda thought it would be a good idea to put a white carpet in a car :thumbdown: .

It looks much better in black :thumbup: , Will post some pic's once i have given it a good clean .

Yep have a Black VW Bora one to fit when i have a day to do it. Took it out of the Bora no problems so going back in should be ok. The Gearstick centre consul area looks the toughest bit.

Mines a Bora carpet, it was very easy to do.

The mount for the rear seats are different though and the Bora carpet will leave 4 holes in sight under the rear seat, their is excess carpet that tucks under the seats you can use to plug the gap though and iirc from around the pedals.

Mines a Bora carpet, it was very easy to do.

The mount for the rear seats are different though and the Bora carpet will leave 4 holes in sight under the rear seat, their is excess carpet that tucks under the seats you can use to plug the gap though and iirc from around the pedals.

you must be a mind reader Jon ,I was just going to ask about the holes under the rear seat.I remember seeing some pics on the forum showing these maybe it was your Pics.Does anyone know if this is only like this with the Bora carpet or the same with the others.

Cheers Bazaa

Best bet is to try and find for sale pictures on autotrader and the like of Golf's/Bora/Leon etc and check pictures of the rear seats.

The mounts for the rear seats on the Octy are under the seat base itself and not at all visable, the bora obviously has a hinge design and the mount is on the floorplan in front of and under the rear seat

I was gonna change mine at some point to one without holes but i honestly don't notice them now they're plugged with spare carpet, I had to change my white carpet as soon as i got the car as it was beyond cleaning.

Now i'm looking to trade the car i'll leave it.

The Leon carpet was a straight swap, its a little different around the hand brake but its covered anyway so u don't c it .

Edited by hastie84

The Leon carpet was a straight swap, its a little different around the hand brake but its covered anyway so u don't c it .

Thanks looks like a Leon carpet may be a better bet than a golf/bora one saves messing about hiding holes