L&K flattening battery

My mum's got a problem with her car: 06-plate (early 2006 build) Octavia L&K 2.0FSI hatch.

Its flattening its battery every few days. Apparently its been to the dealer, and its drawing a signifcant current from the battery when turned off. They've tried disconnecting a few things but no luck yet.

I don't think its got any after-market extras; the sat-nav appears to be factory fit.

Any thoughts?

Trial and error I'm afraid with electrics, simplest way would be to connect an ammeter between the battery positive terminal and the positive lead then pull out and replace the fuses one by one to find the one where removal means the current draw drops off.

There have been threads in the past about people retro fitting the Columbus sat nav unit and not replacing the CAN gateway with a later version which means that the car electrics won't "go to sleep" when the car is turned off and will continue to draw current and flatten the battery.

Hope that helps.

Ian

There was an issue with the radios in early mark 2's. AFAIK it kept drawing current when the engine was off and ignition key removed and hence flattened the battery, so there was a recall and the programming was updated. Maybe this car missed the recall......

Mac