Dual Mass Flywheel

border

Anyone know if All new or newish Octavias come with the Dual Mass Flywheel fitted as standard.

Or do some just have the Solid Flywheel fitted.??

Cheers

All duelmass m8

Thanks for reply.

Reason I ask is that my clutch went on my 08 1.9 TDI.

Phoned loads of places for new clutch prices, Even Skoda Direct and all of them said that this car will have a Dual Mass fitted.

But when we took the old clutch out it was a Solid Flywheel Clutch. so fitted the same again.

I bought the car brand new and this is its first clutch that has been changed.

Anyone got any ideas as to why it has a Solid fitted as most of the parts places includung Skoda took chassis and engine numbers and were adamant that it should of had the Dual Mass.

Thanks

Thanks for reply.

Reason I ask is that my clutch went on my 08 1.9 TDI.

Phoned loads of places for new clutch prices, Even Skoda Direct and all of them said that this car will have a Dual Mass fitted.

But when we took the old clutch out it was a Solid Flywheel Clutch. so fitted the same again.

I bought the car brand new and this is its first clutch that has been changed.

Anyone got any ideas as to why it has a Solid fitted as most of the parts places includung Skoda took chassis and engine numbers and were adamant that it should of had the Dual Mass.

Thanks

What's the engine code?

The AXR seems to be an updated version of the ATD engine. They are both 100PS (74kW) PD engines.

The ATD engine was only fitted into the Octavia's with 4x4, using the 6-speed 02M gearbox. None of such combinations had a dual mass flywheel fitted. These gearboxes included codes FBS, FEM, ESW & FMU.

So it's fairly likely that your car doesn't come with a DMF. I don't have much info on the newer engines/gearboxes though. What's your gearbox code? I'm guessing it's a 6-speed?

The AXR seems to be an updated version of the ATD engine. They are both 100PS (74kW) PD engines.

The ATD engine was only fitted into the Octavia's with 4x4, using the 6-speed 02M gearbox. None of such combinations had a dual mass flywheel fitted. These gearboxes included codes FBS, FEM, ESW & FMU.

So it's fairly likely that your car doesn't come with a DMF. I don't have much info on the newer engines/gearboxes though. What's your gearbox code? I'm guessing it's a 6-speed?

Thanks for help Mate.

Car is Odinary Scoda Octavia Classic TDI hatchback, 5 speed. Asked loads of other owners and everyone has the DMF on theirs, Mechanics couldnt understand why mine was fitted with Solid Flywheel.

Where will I find my gearbox code?

Cheers

before ordering I specifically asked my dealer this because I had a lot of problems with DMF on my Polo 6N diesel

he told me it wasn't a DMF but it looks like he was talking **** then

I have a 1U 2004 model, 19TDI 90bhp engine (ALH engine)

Anybody any idea if I have DMF or not?

Thanks for help Mate.

Car is Odinary Scoda Octavia Classic TDI hatchback, 5 speed. Asked loads of other owners and everyone has the DMF on theirs, Mechanics couldnt understand why mine was fitted with Solid Flywheel.

Where will I find my gearbox code?

Cheers

Yeah it does seem very strange! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

You can find your gearbox code on your vehicle data sticker, which can be found in the rear left corner of the boot floor (under the boot carpet). It will look like this:

vidsticker.png

before ordering I specifically asked my dealer this because I had a lot of problems with DMF on my Polo 6N diesel

he told me it wasn't a DMF but it looks like he was talking **** then

I have a 1U 2004 model, 19TDI 90bhp engine (ALH engine)

Anybody any idea if I have DMF or not?

The 90PS (66kW) 1.9 TDI in the Octavia was available with 4 different 5-speed manual 02J gearboxes.

The CZL has a single mass flywheel. From 1997 the DQY has a DMF, and an SMF before then. The EBJ and EGR both have DMF's.

You should be able to identify your gearbox code on the sticker mentioned above.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Yeah it does seem very strange! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

You can find your gearbox code on your vehicle data sticker, which can be found in the rear left corner of the boot floor (under the boot carpet). It will look like this:

vidsticker.png

Cheers Found the sticker, only one I cvan see is

AXR JDH

9153 CN

if that makes any sense, none of the ones you mentioned. photo of data sticker.

100_1017.jpg

Edited by border

Cheers Found the sticker, only one I cvan see is

AXR JDH

9153 CN

So your engine code is AXR, and your gearbox code is JDH.

I can't find much info on the JDH, apart from the fact that it's a 5-speed 02J gearbox, and seems to be under the same part number as the EGR gearbox (02J 300 052 G).

The EGR has a 225mm diameter clutch plate, and a dual mass flywheel. So I'd assume that your gearbox had a DMF from that....

Very strange! I give up!

I have EGR :'( so this means my dealer lied and I'm screwed?

You're not screwed don't worry! You can simply convert to a single mass flywheel when your clutch fails, because you have the common 5-speed 02J. It's not so easy with the 6-speed 02M though.

You're not screwed don't worry! You can simply convert to a single mass flywheel when your clutch fails, because you have the common 5-speed 02J. It's not so easy with the 6-speed 02M though.

Thanks Mate.

I have already converted to the single/ sold flywhell back in. Which was in to start with.

But just want to know why this car came without the DMF,

Have contacted Skoda 3 times now and asked them this but they have not replied yet.

Got to be a reson, not sure if it was faulty and was changed before the car came out of the factory, but surly the customer should have been told this.

Will wait and see what Skoda have to say when/if they get back to me.

Thanks for your help so far Mate.

• 3 years later...

Hi.

Why and what is hard with the 6-speed 02M?