De-cat Power / Effect re-map?

Motoract

Hi their.

I'm thinking about getting another cheap standard exhaust off a breaking fabia & thinking of doing a de-cat simply for more turbo whistle & maybe a tiny bit more power

my question is, I've already had it mapped, from 100bhp (PD100) to 140bhp, will having the de-cat effect it at all? if it made no power difference, I really wouldn't be bothered, I'm just after the turbo whistle, but I dont want it to make less power because the gas's are escaping out faster than they were before, therefore messing the already adjusted fuelling/air from the re-map??

can anyone help?

Cheers!

Edited by Motoract

how can it be bad for the turbo? tbh, if the turbo did go bang in my car, all the more reason to swop out for a bigger one :p

The MOT bit wont effect me, by the time the next MOT is up, the car will be sold, but thanks for the heads up!

Something to do with a lack of back pressure, leading to it over spooling, or spinning too fast? Something like that, but I've not got a turbo, so I don't really pay attention to the details.

^

That is what I was thinking, I've emailed RS tuning who mapped the car, to see their reply, but I just so happen to have a downpipe lieing around, so might try it one day for the funnys!

Anyone else any experience with it?