Mufflerectomy + Intake Replacement

szkoda13

Carried out Mufflerectomy this weekend on my vRS, here's pics for anyone that's interested:

Exhaust1.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Exhaust3.jpg

Exhaust4.jpg

Exhaust5.jpg

Exhaust6.jpg

Exhaust7.jpg

Exhaust8.jpg

Exhaust9.jpg

Exhaust10.jpg

Hardest bit was making up the brackets and adapting them to the original ones while trying to hold everything into place. Also would have liked the tip to stick out a bit less than it does but hey you can't have everything.

Sounds MUCH better than before, but not too loud that its annoying, when you going along normally everything sounds exactly as before but get a bit heavy with the right foot and its a different story! exactly what I was after really. Will put up a vid when I get round to it.

Throttle response has improved slightly (along with MPG, according to on-board calculator) and dare I say feels a bit quicker?

Also replaced the PD130 intake thingy with a bit of 'Neoprene Air Duct Hose' to improve airflow. Doesn't look completely OEM but there's no way I'm shelling out £70+ for a piece of plastic that does exactly the same job.

intake.jpg

intake2.jpg

Now just need a remap and I'm sorted! (well for power anyway).

Let me know what you think :)

Edited by szkoda13

Just took out the back box, its heavier than you think! the pipe + tail pipe and clamps probably cost about £60 altogether, better than paying £300 for an after market system. Not sure if there's any actual performance increase, I just done it for the sound really. From what I've seen on here it should pass MOT.

Do you hear more turbo spool or is it more of an exhaust note?

Both. Deeper exhaust note and a lot more turbo spool.

What size diameter piping did u use??

63.5mm or 2.5inches(ish)

Edited by szkoda13