Early delivery and registering the car

Don't tell me... Chathams ??

That's just brought back some memories - I lived on the top floor of the block next to their Honda dealership in Abbeyhill during the mid eighties. The whole block was owned by Chatham's and they weren't the greatest of landlords. Mind you, as a block full of students we probably weren't the greatest tenants either :giggle:

Edited by Wybrook

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just brought back some memories - I lived on the top floor of the block next to their Honda dealership in Abbeyhill during the mid eighties. The whole block was owned by Chatham's and they weren't the greatest of landlords. Mind you, as a block full of students we probably weren't the greatest tenants either :giggle:

Ah, stuffy car dealers.. They have just moved their Skoda dealership from Abbeyhill to Sighthill which is only 5 mins away from me which is partly why I went with them. I am due to hear from them tomorrow and have constructed an email just in case, hopefully they will have been told to be flexible and I can look forward to getting my car and put this debacle behind me.

Ah, stuffy car dealers.. They have just moved their Skoda dealership from Abbeyhill to Sighthill which is only 5 mins away from me which is partly why I went with them. I am due to hear from them tomorrow and have constructed an email just in case, hopefully they will have been told to be flexible and I can look forward to getting my car and put this debacle behind me.

just had a call from suk and tell me it is up to the supplying dealer to be accomodating to take a financial hit if car is to be registered on an 11 plate.I await chathams phone call!

Who is your salesman Gogs? I'm dealing with Donald King.

Hoopefully you can get this sorted, most of the other people in a similar situation seem to have had the outcome they want.

salesman is steven mathieson at dunfermline who has to get chathams owner to rectify the problem, and it seems if it is only chathams customers who have not been able to get any satisfaction on this issue. suk seems to give out fantasy build weeks to customers but want to be rigid about registration when they arrive with no warning a month early

Apparently there are two of us at the sighthill branch that are in this situation. I am dealing with George Lockhart. Gogsp, I am getting the feeling too that chathams are the only dealer not willing to accommodate their customers ! I am still waiting for a call...

I was informed by my dealer yesterday that SUK have now (as a result of the complaints raised by this issue)taken away the 10 day registration requirement at dealers and harmonised it with their own 14 day policy. thus tying in with the ability to have an allocated next prefix plate from 14 days in advance. Me being me asked "what happens in a leap year?" :rofl:

Not funny for you Edinburgh/Dunfermline guys. My dealership up here doesn't have the best of reputations but must admit, has bent over backwards to accommodate me. He even quoted the magic phrase to me yesterday " I'm a great believer that the customer is always right" IF ONLY :giggle:

Stick in their guys, your persistance will pay off ;)

Edited by robzer

Thanks for the update robzer, gives me a little hope now, dealer has not called me today as promised, I kind of expected as much.

Finally had the courtesy of a call from SUK today after my e-mail to the MD & PR dept last Thursday. Very apologetic and glad to hear that the dealer had sorted things out. I did take the opportunity to point out I wasn't the only one in this circumstance and that it was very damaging to SUK's reputation. Not sure what good it will do you, but the e-mail seemed to work (AjH has the addresses to use).

Good luck !

Phil

Cheers Phil, dealer just called and said "they are still waiting for an answer to my request", stringing me along more like. I am more hopeful of a satisfactory outcome now based on the recent posts. I am so glad I found this forum and the help and support it provides, I would be feeling pretty alone against the might of SUK and the bull#*it of the dealer, cheers guys.

Cheers Phil, dealer just called and said "they are still waiting for an answer to my request", stringing me along more like. I am more hopeful of a satisfactory outcome now based on the recent posts. I am so glad I found this forum and the help and support it provides, I would be feeling pretty alone against the might of SUK and the bull#*it of the dealer, cheers guys.

had same call from dealer, but on fabia 2 forum found more customers in same situation who have all been allowed 11 plate after dealer contacting suk although cars delivered early like ourselves,and have another answerphone message from suk to contact suk again, but after contacting them this morning and having them wash their hands of it and telling me to refer to Terms and Conditions in parrot fashion I am sceptical

AT LAST, got the call I was waiting a week for, my new car can go on an 11 plate. The dealer was told not to tell me anything until a decision had been made which was pretty frustrating (as you can tell from my posts). gogsp, I hope you have some good news too.

What a faff, and completely unnecessary inconvenience, stress and frustration.

It's good news that it's sorted, but it should never have been an issue in the first place :wonder:

Hopefully you can put it all behind you and start to enjoy your new motor from next month.... on an 11-plate :thumbup:

Nice one AjH, take it gogsp will have the same result. Common sense seems to finally have prevailed. Me thinks this we forum is a little more powerful than we realise. :thumbup: To make matters even better I called my insurance to switch the remainder (6 months)of my policy to the new motor and got a rebate of £40. RESULT :giggle:

AT LAST, got the call I was waiting a week for, my new car can go on an 11 plate. The dealer was told not to tell me anything until a decision had been made which was pretty frustrating (as you can tell from my posts). gogsp, I hope you have some good news too.

Suk phoned this morning, the man listened to my concerns, told me I was entitled to 11 plate as it was now 14 days after delivery to dealer not 10 as i was told abruptly by suk yesterday, said he would contact dealer and phone call this evening confirmed this. if i had not found Briskoda website and owners in the same situation i possibly wouldnt have persevered as i did and hopefully some people didnt take no for an answer too quickly

Nice one AjH, take it gogsp will have the same result. Common sense seems to finally have prevailed. Me thinks this we forum is a little more powerful than we realise. :thumbup: To make matters even better I called my insurance to switch the remainder (6 months)of my policy to the new motor and got a rebate of £40. RESULT :giggle:

I am sure the vRS is cheaper to insure than my Impreza 2.0 R Sport (non turbo) it is more fuel efficient and £65 a year less on road tax, for a 2.0l Turbo !! Result... :D