vrs tdi power delivery!

First of all a Big Hi to you all, i,m another newbie!! I have a 2006 Octavia vrs tdi and i love it. But i have a problem only somethimes when i put the shoe down the power is slow to kick it's like nothing nothing nothing and then power. I thought it might be dirty fuel but i bought fuel cleaner and injector cleaner and still it happens but only every so often?

Any ideas please????????

May well be the DPF sensor playing up. I had an 08 vRS PD and it did the same from time to time, although the light on the dash usually didn't come on. Is it accompanied by slightly higher than normal idle (around 1000RPM) and a deeper 'drony' exhaust note, especially at idle? That's what mine went like. A good prolonged thrash (otherwise known as a regen :giggle: ) usually sorted it. I got rid of the car before having time to try changing anything.

A DPF removal may be your best bet, along with a remap to suit. There's a good guy who does this here in Dublin, he's also a sponsor of vagdrivers.net, Joe Power is his name. ;)

i know the turbo is ment to kick in @ 1750revs. but it's all over the rev range it kicks in & out . also when i,m parked up with engine running the engine seems to shutter and if i rev it it shutters again???? i'm not mechanical what's pdf??

i know the turbo is ment to kick in @ 1750revs. but it's all over the rev range it kicks in & out . also when i,m parked up with engine running the engine seems to shutter and if i rev it it shutters again???? i'm not mechanical what's pdf??

First off,

Hello to a fellow Cork vRS owner emoticon-0148-yes.gif

DPF = Diesel Particulate Filter

The only thing i know it does is choke the daylights out of the power in your engine emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Not sure if you are a member on vagdrivers.net but if not then join there as well as here and have a read of this thread

KevC vRS

He got the dpf removed and remapped to suit from Joe as mentioned above.

Considering getting my own one done emoticon-0103-cool.gif

1 last question how much would the removal dpf & remap cost??? do ye know anyone in cork how's good @ this???

Do as I suggested in my post above.

Send KevC a PM and he will advise you as to how he went about it.

do NOT go to Watergrasshill to get it mapped.emoticon-0149-no.gif

Don't know anyone from Cork who's good at anything...... :p :p :rofl:

:o Apart from Roy Keane...

If it is your DPF, it will show up on a VCDS diagnostic scan. I would start there, as it may not be the DPF at all-it's a common issue that's all.

You have been marked!

1 last question how much would the removal dpf & remap cost??? do ye know anyone in cork how's good @ this???

DPF removal and Map is probably going to cost you €500-€600. There's no-one in Cork who would be able to do this. As said above Joe Power in Dublin did mine and I'd highly reccomend him. You will find the car drives much freeier and better with an increase in MPG. Your welcome to a spin in mine at some stage if it makes up your mind!

DPF removal and Map is probably going to cost you €500-€600. There's no-one in Cork who would be able to do this. As said above Joe Power in Dublin did mine and I'd highly reccomend him. You will find the car drives much freeier and better with an increase in MPG. Your welcome to a spin in mine at some stage if it makes up your mind!

Cheers KevC i appreciate the offer, was talking to a mechanic & he reckons it's a faulty solanioid, he said the same thing happens to the audi a4,s, he said it could take 20mins or a few hrs depends how fast he locates the faulty solaniod???? What do ye think all responses appreciated .

I have the dpf removed with joe last week on my cr rs. Car feels a lot quicker. Figures where not as high as I thought they would have been. But joe's dyno seems to be pessimistic when it comes to outputs. Might go for the hybrid turbo and change the injector nozzle's ;)

Edited by jcdub