SKODA SUPERD 2.0 TDI

hi fELLOW SKODA DRIVERS

QUESTION I HAVE IS WITH REGARDS TO 2.0 TDI... I HAVE ALWAYS DRIVEN AND MAINTAINED 1.9 TDI WHICH I TOTALLY LOVE. WOULD LOIKE KNOW WHICH IS BETTER ENGINED CAR TO BUY... AND WHAT ARE THE ISSUES WITH 2.0 TDI... LOOKING BUY 58-10 REG CAR

HAVE FEW PEOPLE SAY STAY AWAY FROM 2 LITRE BUT I WANNA KNOW FROM PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT

ALL FEEDBACK APPRECIATED

PD or common rail?

Both types are good in their own way. PD is noisier than the common rail but this is less noticable in the Superb than in the Octavia. I used to swear by the PD engine but now I prefer the smoothness of the CR.

Best try them both if you can.

2.0PD used in the Superb2 is not the same as troublesome one fitted to the Superb1. I have a PD140 2.0 and have now done 32K trouble free miles. My previous Octavia 2,0PD completed 100K trouble free miles.

2.0PD used in the Superb2 is not the same as troublesome one fitted to the Superb1. I have a PD140 2.0 and have now done 32K trouble free miles. My previous Octavia 2,0PD completed 100K trouble free miles.

I too have a 2.0 PD140 on a 58 plate and also 32k miles. Only troubles I've had were a blocked aircon drain (smell!) and an airbag warning light fault. No experience of the CR140 - is the fuel economy better ?? I average 47/48 mpg over a long period with mixed motorway/urban journeys