Total Illumination / Welcome Home

I seem to have a intermittent fault on my Superb 2 and I was wondering if anybody else had encountered or resolved the problem.

Since I got the car when it is dark and you unlock or leave the car the lights come on for 10 seconds to provide what most manufacturers

term Total Illumination so that you can see the area around the car.

This worked faultlessly for over a year but now only seems to work when it feels like it (on unlocking the car) but always when leaving and locking the car. I have tried resetting the delay time to 20 secs via the information menu and restoring factory lighting settings neither of which makes the fault dissappear.

I wonder if it might be a fault with the rear view mirror not sensing it is dark enough but it lacks consistency when it fails.

Are there any other sufferers out there? I spoke to skoda who did not seem to think the Superb II had such a feature but then said it must be a fault. As I am 90mins from nearest dealer it will otherwise have to await its next service.

Great Car - Other than Sat Nav and the fact the iphone wont connect due to rsap!

When you see the fault on the "leaving home" (thats what it is called here in Denmark), try and put on ignition. Off - step out of the car and close the door. It the "Coming home" light comes on, it must mean that the lightsensor is okay. If the coming home light don't come on, this must mean that the lightsensor detects "daylight".

Anyway .. with diagnostic tool it can be checked also.

I have read somewhere that if you have the Xenon headlights (and yu do being an elegance) that if it detects a low battery condition it will not light the xenon headlights for coming home or leaving home function, that could be the issue?

I have read somewhere that if you have the Xenon headlights (and yu do being an elegance) that if it detects a low battery condition it will not light the xenon headlights for coming home or leaving home function, that could be the issue?

I could agree with that. I do a lot of short journeys and there are occasions (especially first thing in the morning) that the leaving lights do not come on when i unlock the car.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense, during the week I only really use the car for the station run and to be honest it does not do many miles at the weekend so the explanation would make sense. I also encounter problems with the IPOD playing and I think this may be the same problem too many short journeys so it does not get the chance to charge properly. When this happens the play on the centre screen is not selectable.

Many thanks for you help, I will have to give it a decent run and then monitor the situation - clever things these skodas!

I seem to have a intermittent fault on my Superb 2 and I was wondering if anybody else had encountered or resolved the problem.

Since I got the car when it is dark and you unlock or leave the car the lights come on for 10 seconds to provide what most manufacturers

term Total Illumination so that you can see the area around the car.

This worked faultlessly for over a year but now only seems to work when it feels like it (on unlocking the car) but always when leaving and locking the car. I have tried resetting the delay time to 20 secs via the information menu and restoring factory lighting settings neither of which makes the fault dissappear.

I wonder if it might be a fault with the rear view mirror not sensing it is dark enough but it lacks consistency when it fails.

Are there any other sufferers out there? I spoke to skoda who did not seem to think the Superb II had such a feature but then said it must be a fault. As I am 90mins from nearest dealer it will otherwise have to await its next service.

Great Car - Other than Sat Nav and the fact the iphone wont connect due to rsap!

I also have an intermittent fault with the "leaving home lights" not working every time. Whereas the "coming home lights" work every time. My car is six months old and the fault started about a month ago. I don't think it's worth taking it in to the dealership but If the problem persists then I'll mention it on the service. I've tried changing the settings but the fault remains. Despite this minor irritation it's still a brilliant car.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense, during the week I only really use the car for the station run and to be honest it does not do many miles at the weekend so the explanation would make sense. I also encounter problems with the IPOD playing and I think this may be the same problem too many short journeys so it does not get the chance to charge properly. When this happens the play on the centre screen is not selectable.

Many thanks for you help, I will have to give it a decent run and then monitor the situation - clever things these skodas!

So sis you discover it was the car saving the battery?

I have notice mine has this issue on lots of short dark runs