Compensation for lease car customers

TheDon

I'm aware that private buyers are being offered compensation (or they're entitled to compensation?) in the form of vouchers or an "allowance" to spend on dealer accessories.

I ordered my car through Lex Autolease. The order was placed on 8th October, and it's currently estimated that i'll get it sometime in April. So we're talking a good 6 month wait (SE twindoor, 170PS TDI with Kessy).

As i have no direct contact with the Skoda dealership that ordered the car, do you think i should be asking Lex to speak to them on my behalf and see if i can get some floor mats / mudflaps thrown in for my troubles??

i think you will find that lex will negotiate some form of discount for themselves.

rather than hand any compensation over to you.

it doesnt cost anything to try however i have experience of lex and find them to be a little mean.

I have a lease car change date of 22nd April, and also ordered in October to try to ensure deliver for the due date- my previous leases have been with Arnold Clark, but this time the quote I was given for Superb came from Lex. I have asked our leasing department today if they have heard anything from Lex or if my 22nd April date is still going to happen.

When I was choosing next car I asked for quote on Superb 1.6CR S hatch with heated seats (F&R), reversing sensors and cruise control, I also asked for quote on Octavia Elegance Estate, with heated front seats and tunnel lights. Both quotes came back about the same from Lex despite Octavia being covered by VAT free deal which I thought should have reduced the lease cost considerably :wonder:

Update- just had a reply from leasing department who say may car has an expected "stock date" whatever that means , of 28/2/11, but this hasnt been confirmed. I have been given an order number and contact name for Lex so will chase this up next week

Edited by superbfan

Not everyone is getting compensation. I ordered my Superb 170 estate through Autofinders and even though our build week has gone from week 5 to week 17 they're offering us nothing at all. We got a good deal on the price so there's less profit to work with apparently.

It's all down to the shortage of diesel engines apparently.

It basically comes down to who you have the contract with. I got compensated for the delay for my Superb becasue my contract was with Skoda UK as I was paying for the car in full once delivered. If my wifes Octavia L&K goes over 18 weeks I would have to negotiate any compensation with Skoda Finance as we are paying for the car on the VAT Free / Interest Free deal. Skoda Uk and Skoda Finance are effectivey run as two different companies in that Skoda finance order the car from Skoda UK and until all finance is paid I will only be the registered keeper rather than keeper and owner.

Your contract is with Lex Autolease who have entered in to a contract with Skoda to supply you with a car, so you might be able to get something through Lex.

Aaaarrrrrrgh!!!!!!

Just phoned Lex leasing and Skoda have accelerated many delivery dates- My new Superb in now in Stock with Lex, they are going to register it as an 11 plate and were intending to set up delivery for 3rd March- my existing lease doesnt end until 22nd April and dont think I can get out of that- now at mercy of car leasing department. Waiting is bad enough, waiting knowing the car is sitting ready and registered is plain sadistic :o